Tuesday, March 16, 2021

I've Been Remiss --

 It's certainly time for a blog post! We've been busy, and I'm sorry to say much of it has been the drudgery of doctor appointments. However, we are so thankful for healthcare, aren't we?

This stunning sunrise greeted me one morning ... Sunday, I think. No one else was awake; no one drove by on the road.

Adam and I are trying hard to be healthier. His health is very complicated with so, so many medications with various side effects. It's nearly a part-time job to keep up with his health, poor fellow! Diet plays a big part.

I'm eating his healthy, nuts-and-bolts bread for breakfast, farm-fresh eggs, and avocado. Pretty yummy!

He made this for lunch: red pepper stuffed with chicken and Mexican rice, and a kale salad.
And this: "sliders" (mini-burgers) and that same Mexican rice. The burgers are steamed over a bed of sauteed onions, topped with cheese, and then a smear of mustard.
Here's a recent photo of adorable Ellie Kate, our newest grandbaby!
I know!! Those EYES!

I'm painting quite a lot. Roses:

Apple blossoms:
Finally I am cracking and picking the pecans I gathered in the fall. They needed to cure, but it's past time to get them into the freezer!


Adam and I spent several good mornings in the veggie garden, which I had rather given up as a lost cause. We did no weeding last summer ... and you can just imagine the carnage! But he is ready to get back outside and gradually build some stamina. Together we cleared the strawberry bed, put in new (well, transplanted from elsewhere) strawberry plants (lots of them!), cleared the asparagus bed, cleared the bed for sweet peas and lettuce. That was a huge start. I wish I had a photo! I would go TAKE a photo for you, but it's raining steadily outside and has been doing so all day and last night. This is a blessing; we've been quite dry, and all those new plants need moisture. 

I'm so very busy with my little side business -- making soaps, shampoo bars, painting cards, filling and mailing orders, contacting customers. I desperately want to get back to spinning and weaving, but there's no time (yet). I am still knitting that slow blanket.

Not very elegant looking! This is just the first row. We'll see if it looks pretty ... or looks jakey! At least it keeps my hands busy.

Let me see if there are any new youtube videos to share ...

This was a lovely day trip with two friends:

This is more soap-making:

And this is just an ordinary day of various little activities. Not sure why I thought that would interest viewers!
Much love to all of you in blog land. Stay healthy, stay hopeful, and I'll give you the MOST helpful advice I've heard in several years: Go get a therapist if you need one! It's past time for anybody to be embarrassed about going to a therapist, like we used to be embarrassed about going to the gynecologist 40 years ago. We must all attend to our mental health, and as with all health, sometimes we need a little professional help. That's my pitch for the day 😀

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

To me Ellie Kate looks a lot like Isaac...cute as a button.
It's understandable that you're extra busy now having been gone for a while. Also Summer is always busier, isn't it? At least I find it so.
So you let the pecans cure then you shell them and freeze them until you need them. Do you use them raw or toast them before you use them. It must be wonderful to have LOTS of pecans.

magsmcc said...

Having busy hands is a great solace, I find sometimes. So I am looking forward to seeing your blanket grow and with it I pray that Adam's health and strength will grow, that your joy will grow, that your grandchildren will grow and thrive, all stitch by stitch,colour by colour, slowly and gently and full of blessing x

gretchenjoanna said...

God bless and strengthen you! A little puttering about in the garden will strengthen your hearts (both meanings). But don't overdo it!!

XOXO

Lisa Richards said...

Good to see all you've been up to! Congrats on the new grandbaby! Building some strength sounds like a good idea. I need to get right on that, lol. The food looks great, as always. God bless you two and all your family!

Henny Penny said...

Hey MK! I came looking for you hoping to see a picture of little Ellie Kate. She is so adorable and reminds me a lot of baby Isaac. She is such a cutie. We have weeds weed and more weeds too. It will be a while before we can even think about planting a garden because of the wet soggy soil. We could use a month with no rain.

Una said...

Now you are making me hungry. I made my own healthy version of a burger this week and it was a great success. I forgot to add onions, which we both love, so I can see me making more soon. I'm sure you will get back on top of your little farm this year. Brighter days are ahead.