Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A day in town

No pictures today, sorry. I'm in town visiting all my old haunts. I took a friend out for tea and a little shopping at the resale shops. She and her husband are taking care of her aging/ailing parents. That's hard work, both physically and emotionally! We enjoyed a good talk, a good hug, and a few choice finds at the shops too!

It takes some pretty serious down-time for me to really relax. I have a hard time doing it at home, no matter how much spoilage Adam tries to give me. I do it best at my parents' house, in their quiet, green mountains, the cool breezes blowing through their many windows, the familiar trees swaying. Sometimes, I can almost feel my brain unwinding from its tight coil.

Last night I watched a pleasantly hokey movie, "Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris," starring Angela Lansbury. She's a cleaning woman who decides she'll save all her money to buy a dress from Christian Dior. A hokey movie is great for unwinding too.


No comments: