Monday, March 18, 2019

For Those Not Weary of Watercolor ...

Here are a few more watercolor cards I've painted in recent days. 
 A youtube painter had a quick tutorial on these ocean paintings.
 Another youtube painter, Emma LeFebvre, has a tutorial showing how to do misty forests.
 But first I watched her video about painting layered flowers. These were fun.


 The blue one is my favorite.
And I did one more of these, just because:
I have quite a pile of cards for sale now, so I will need to slow down, haha! (If you care to view the cards I have, click here.) I'm waiting for fabulous weather at the farmer's market some Saturday, with lots of tourists in town who desperately need cards. (Haha!!) We will see.

It's sunny out there, but a bit chilly. I'm going to venture to the garden and hide from the wind in the greenhouse and tell myself I'm 'working' while fiddling in the dirt. See ya later! Thanks for all your loving, kind words about my painting. It sure is nice of you all!

7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Nice ocean side paintings and I really like the misty forest too. Of course the floral ones are the best because they're obviously the most fun to do.

Lisa Richards said...

Oooo, I love the layered flowers and the misty forest! I'm going to check out that video! I also like the deckled edge on your cards. Isn't that what it's called? You've come a long way since you started painting! :)

M.K. said...

They are all fun, GM, but the flowers are delightful and sure help us feel spring coming on these COLD March days. Thank you!

M.K. said...

Lisa, you should go look. The first girl I watched a lot was CeeCee at CreationsCeeCee. These is more whimsical, plus I love her calming background music. That really helps me paint. This 2nd girl only talks as she paints, which is okay. But her layering is good, I think. I haven't watched that many different artists though.

Henny Penny said...

But your flowers are beautiful. I love the layered flowers. They look delicate and like you can see through the petals. All of your paintings are beautiful. I've been outside today too. The wind was cold but once I got busy and the sun warmed me. It's wonderful, isn't it!

Gumbo Lily said...

Fun and beautiful! Watercolor is such a cool way to paint. Love it.

Retired Knitter said...

You know - all of your stuff is so beautiful - makes me want to take a course in water color. I always considered water color to be a difficult art to control. Maybe control is what I need to let go of! Hahaha.