Monday, July 29, 2019

Good Morning

Yes, good morning. And perhaps I should say Happy Anniversary to us. Adam and I have been married 30 years, today.
There we are, all those years ago. No kids, no pets, no troubles yet. We thought we knew what troubles looked like, but we didn't have a clue. Thirty years doesn't sound like an astounding amount of time, but you can live a lot of sorrow and a lot of joy in thirty years. We've had both. We still have both -- much sorrow, much joy. Mostly I'm so grateful for a good, kind husband. It's his goal to be a good husband to me, so he leads me into being a better wife as well.We're still in love, still faithful, still hopeful.

This morning I'm having my usual, toast and tea.
 Adam's bread, my apple butter, creamy chai
I've painted two cards as practices for some larger pieces. A student from many years ago is interested in commissioning four watercolors of farm animals, 11x14".

I'll be doing a goat and a sheep also.
It was fun to be back at the farmer's market on Saturday morning after being gone for a month. I sold seven of my watercolor cards! We have a sweet group of cheerful, nice people there, and it makes Saturday mornings (and all that work!) worth it.
Above you see the chickens I have now.
The six in the front are all hens, 2 and 3 years old. Good birds who lay well. The two in the back (by the black pole) are new birds from this spring and I'm pretty certain they're both roosters. Ugh. I was hoping for at least one new hen! I may keep one of them, because a rooster is good for getting baby chicks, but I don't want two. I'm trying to determine which one will be less mean.

On to happier subjects!
Anna sent me this photo in a text last week. They're doing well. He's a good eater, gaining weight. She's feeling great, so much better than during the end of her pregnancy. Two cutie pies!

Now I must finish my toast and tea and get outside in my farm clothes and weed the herb beds. Our farm is in a frightful state after we were gone so long, and after this drought. It's hard to be motivated to care for garden beds that look half-dead from lack of rain. We did water for a while in June, but it increased our water bill by $100, so we won't be doing that anymore! See you later - I'm off to rescue the oregano!

6 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful picture of you two. How time flies! I LOVE your farm animal watercolor paintings. Those are adorable, and speaking of adorable, Anna and the baby! You are right about two cutie pies. You and Adam have a wonderful day.

GretchenJoanna said...

I am so sorry about your garden! I'm glad you have so much else happy to think about and be creative with during this "bad year" for growing things.

M.K. said...

Thank you so much, HP!! It's a happy day. Being a Nana makes it even better!

M.K. said...

Yep, it's not a good year for crops, but it's been a good summer in other ways, and I know next summer will be better with more rain. God works it all out :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Again, Happy 30th anniversary! Quite the milestone these days.

Love the photo of Anna and little sweetie pie. Glad they are both doing well.

It is terribly dry down here also. I've got to get out and hand water plants in pots this morning. Have lost some plants, :-(

Have a great week whatever you decide to do inside and out.

FlowerLady

Deborah Montgomery said...

Happy anniversary! Love your watercolors, you are very talented. And what a sweet pic of your daughter and grandson. Such a huge blessing, a new baby.