Sunday, February 23, 2020

If I Wait Until I Have Anything to Say ...

... I may never post at all!!
Hello, friends. Not too much happening around here. We had cold. We had snow. We are warming up again. Spring is on the way. Maybe I'll just share a bunch of pictures? Okay, sounds good!













Snow at home, across the fields, and at church - a fraction more than a dusting, and all that we'll have this year.
Adam baked babkas for the snow storm :)
I painted a bigger painting for a friend far away and mailed it to her. I painted some sailboats too.
Our congregation gathers each Sunday after worship for a quick meal. This was our table today.
Our willow dome in the pasture is coming along! The smaller sticks are starting to sprout.
Beau says hello. He is very snoozy in winter.
The bakery that opened a half mile from our house was a delightful place to visit this past week! They let you bring your own cup from home and pay for a refill - how nice! And their donuts are wonderful. I have donuts a half mile from my house ... so very dangerous!
We continue with all our weekly duties and joys and keep in touch with family far away. Two friends in Mississippi passed into heaven this week. God planned many weeks ago for us to sing "Rock of Ages" this morning at church. When I sang, "When I soar to worlds unknown ..." I choked up and started to cry, thinking of a childhood friend who did that very thing this past week. He flew into glory, freed of physical illness that had made life difficult, even though he remained cheerful and hopeful to the end. As I get older, I realize how very much I have to be thankful for. Adam and I are blessed with each other and all God has given us in life.
Have a good week, dear friends! Remember to enjoy every minute.

6 comments:

Kezzie said...

How much a picture expresses! I loved seeing the shared meal at church and the snow made me shiver! Mmm, those donuts are dangerous! You should take your own box for them to put them in to take them home then have to exercise for your supper! Haha! Beau is a cutie!
Your watercolours are beautiful, especially the ladies holding hands!
I'm sorry to hear of your friends passing but I am glad you are thankful for your precious life!
I'm glad you posted!
x

Sandi said...

That pastry looks yummy! What's it called?

Lovely paintings. 😊

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you are sad because your friends have passed away.
I'm glad you identified that wonderful looking pastry. I was going to ask what it was.
Have you posted about this willow dome and I missed it?
I like the painting of the four dancing women. Do they represent anything special or did you just invent them?
I'm glad you decided to post even if you thought you didn't have much to say.

magsmcc said...

I never know what to blog about these days, but you show us so much joy in ordinary days that are, as you say, not ordinary at all filled as they are with great blessing. You, however, word it all so well! Snow. Sigh. What latitude am I? I will confess to not understanding those up/round lines very well at all...

annie said...

Sincere condolences. Even wben we know where they have gone, it is still hard letting go.
Spring always comes in spurts here. You see it then you don't. Today the birds are singing, tomorrow frigid temps will be back.
I enjoyed your photos, thanks for sharing.

Retired Knitter said...

Glad you decided to include some of your water colors in the pictures you share!!