Tuesday, July 9, 2024

What a July 4th Week!

 No, we didn't do fireworks, but yes, we did go to the beach! Mostly we did LOTS of work in the pasture. Without further ado, here are some photos of the week, complete with great-grandmas and babies and good food!












NO MORE metal in the ground! The raised beds are gone, phew! Also, you'll note there was time to relax (a little). My son made me a wonderful new potting bench/table, which makes me happy every time I look at it. Adam finished upholstering the blue chair (a roadside find) with his mother's help. Our pear tree seems to be producing a bit this year too. Maybe some pear butter this year?


4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I just love woodworking things my boys have made me!❤️❤️❤️

Granny Marigold said...

I wondered what the chair was doing amid the pictures of family. Adam and his mother did a fine job of redoing that chair It's lovely.

Gretchen Joanna said...

That is quite an accomplishment, the removal of the raised beds! Your potting bench is lovely, and so tidy, I'm envious.

Will you leave the pasture as is, or develop it somehow for a different sort of garden? Or livestock!

Kezzie said...

Aww,what lovely photos! I especially love the dogs together!x Well done wiht the raised bed work!x