Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Sickies

That's what we are -- a house of sickies. Adam got it first and gave it to me. (I knew I shouldn't have kissed him. Ah well.) Kara and Philip are here too, and she has the most appalling cough. Even puppy dog Charlie is under the weather!

Here's what I'm using to combat the vile bug this time.
Adam drove to the store one evening to buy me my own bottle of saline spray, not something you really want to share. He uses saline spray all winter; I find it utterly repulsive, like drowning in the ocean. But this new bottle design is a wonder! You push a button and it sprays on its own! I must confess, it helps so much. I'm a convert.

What's that bottle on the right, you ask? So old,  so very old. It's Mentholatum, and who knows when we bought it. I'm not sure if they still sell it. The other item, Chloraseptic, is wonderful for a sore throat.
It only expired 10 years ago -- exactly!

Sunday night was our community Thanksgiving service.
 It's at the Catholic church. They always do a beautiful harvest display. The Pamlico Chorale sang.
 The preachers all did their various roles in the service. There's Adam, in a bow tie.
 I played the piano. I'm not used to these high tech keyboards.
 Sunday morning was so beautiful, I took pictures of our church.

 Then I asked Philip and Kara to pose.

 I'm trying to rest as much as I can before Thursday's dinner. Last night we watched this movie because Kara had never seen it. Can you believe that? It's a favorite.
Today Julia comes home.Then it'll get rowdy around here! Oh, did I mention we have 6 dogs here now? P & K brought theirs. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness I remember Chloraseptic and Mentholatum. May you all be well soon and no one else get what you had.

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and I know Adam will prepare a fantastic feast.

Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

Kathie said...

We have the dreaded kidfluenza here, too. Beautiful photos and I hope you and your family have a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Pom Pom said...

Hi MK! I'm so sorry you've been sick. Boo! Yes, I love Mentholatum but it can burn the soft skin near our noses. Isn't it funny that we never thought about expiration dates when were were kids?
Your church is so beautiful, so picturesque.
Yay for big kids home!
Love you! Take care of that cold!

Lisa Richards said...

Y'all get better and stop all that kissin', lol! Pretty church pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!

Granny Marigold said...

I love the picture of your church. It should be in my book of churches ( which I've finally worked my way through).
I'm sorry you caught some yucky bug. I hope you feel better soon.
That movie is hilarious. I hope Kara enjoyed it.
Who cares if the bottle of Mentholatum is way past its expiry date. I don't think it gets too old to work. Like my old jar of Vick's Vapo-rub ( I wonder if you have that in the U.S. too) Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm glad so many of your family can be together in your sickness! Is Julia sick as well? Or maybe she is a little trepidatious about coming home!

Kezzie said...

Oh poor you! I hope you get better soon. The Thanksgiving service sounds delightful! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Henny Penny said...

Well I am really late seeing this. Hope you are well by now and hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Bet it was lots of fun. I have never seen that movie either. Love the picture of your church, and the one of Phillip and Kara. That is such a beautiful Maple tree.