Thursday, July 9, 2020

Living on Nerves

Is it awful to say that nearly everything else in life has taken a backseat to our stress over Adam's illness? Many of you know, how very hard it is to live day after day with a very ill spouse whose condition deteriorates, and not being able to find a healthcare person who can help. I hardly sleep one night, sleep badly the next, and the third night I sleep too hard, catching up for the other two. My stomach is in knots. 
We did have a good virtual appointment with a rheumatologist today who I think will help, ordering lots of blood work and giving steroids in the meantime. We're tired of steroid, but so thankful for them. Adam can barely swallow now.

On to other things!
That's a card I painted from a photo on FB. 
A friend bought it right away.
Those are elderberries.
I neglected to visit the veg. garden for weeks, 
so this is what was left. 
Maybe next year I'll be more careful to harvest them.
I was shocked to discover my lone lavender bush alive.
And flowering! So I snipped a few off.
I painted a little bird and some zinnias
from a friend's photo.
I bought some center-cut bacon, which we usually avoid 
because of the cost. But it makes a yummy egg sandwich.
I always have a prayer shawl in the works, 
even if it takes me months to finish.
The pattern is simple: Knit one row. On the next row, leave 5 knits on each end. In between, do this: YO, K2Tog, 2K. Alternate these two rows. No purling!!
This is Simply Soft, which is light with a nice sheen. The color is Light Country Peach.
I think that's it for today!
Everyone, thank you for visiting this little spot online.
Stay well, stay happy, stay thankful.






10 comments:

Sandi said...

I'm praying for you!

Granny Marigold said...

I was wondering how things were going for Adam. I hope the blood work will reveal something helpful.I cannot imagine the stress both of you are enduring.
Youngest son was all excited about the elderberries he picked and wants to make wine. Here, of course. BUT turns out they are Oregon grape berries. They can also be used to make wine.
I don't think I've heard of center-cut bacon. Once in a while DH will buy back bacon but that's not what you show in the photo.
.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear MK ~ May the God of all comfort, Jesus, comfort you at this time. May you and Adam feel His tender, loving, healing presence surrounding you at all times. May you have some answers soon and Adam be on the road to recovery.

Your watercolors are so sweet. Your shawl is so pretty. How many stitches did you cast on to start your shawl?

Love, hugs and prayers for you both ~ FlowerLady

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I'm so very sorry you and Adam are going through this health trial especially during the wider pandemic concern. 2018 was an especially awful health year for my husband with a cancer diagnosis, surgery and recovery, set backs with bouts of pneumonia and overall malaise. I often spent sleepless nights powerless to do anything but fret on a subconscious level. Husband did eventually heal and is now cancer free. We are in a good place health wise and I have a quite a bit of left over anxiety relating to this Covid thing. I know we will get through as we have together for 53 years and I also know that you and Adam will too with love and strong faith.

Retired Knitter said...

Yes - steroids can be a miracle drug if they are used appropriately. So glad your husband has those while they figure out this condition of his! How worrisome.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think the comment I left yesterday registered. I just want to let you know I'm thinking about you and also Adam as he deals with this mysterious illness. I'm sure I said more but I can't remember any more. I do wonder where my comments end up.

gretchenjoanna said...

Lord, have mercy! If you are living on nerves, then God is nourishing those nerves and keeping you sane.

Breathe deeply. May He make your little sleep worth much. I'm so glad you can paint.

Pom Pom said...

Prayers for Adam.

Lisa Richards said...

That sounds like a knitting pattern even I could do! :)
Beautiful paintings.
Prayers being sent up for Adam and for you!

Una said...

What a simple but effective knitting pattern. I will make a note of it for the future.