Friday, November 5, 2021

November Before I Knew It

 October flew away, and now we are into the fast downhill race to Christmas. Can we slow it down? I'm spending my days mostly at home, doing my artistic work and household chores. Taking the dogs outside and resting when I need to. This does seem to slow things ... a little bit.

Julia now has a kitten called Leo. She found him in our yard. He was about 3 - 4 weeks old, and desperately looking for someone to take care of him. She is delighted!
Last week I enjoyed lunch with a group of dear friends from church. What a gathering of beautiful souls is our church! I may be the pastor's wife, but these women are all GOOD FRIENDS, and I'm so thankful for them.
I don't think I posted about my trip to West Virginia a few weeks ago. In addition to seeing my mother and other precious family members, I also got to see my grandbaby, John. He's grown so much and is so much fun! 
After canceling our church's community Thanksgiving Day dinner last year because of Covid-19, we are eating together again this year! Adam and I are so excited to enjoy this day again, even if our crowd may be a little smaller.
I participated in an Art Walk in Oriental last week! I felt like a real artist for the evening, haha. It was so much fun, and I sold quite a few cards. Adam and Julia came along for moral support and to help me haul my stuff. I set up by the waterfront and the Tiki Bar. Delightful!

It's downright chilly here now. The low last night was around 40. Brrr! I'm finally settling in to my new routine since Adam took a second job as a middle school science teacher (which he absolutely LOVES). My days are my own, and the house is mostly quiet. I'm making a loose schedule to keep myself accountable to get at least 2 things done each day. It helps. Yesterday was "painting in the morning and resting in the afternoon." (I only do "resting" once each week!) Today is "soap-making in the morning and yard mulch in the afternoon." We'll see if I get that done.

Here are some of my recent youtube videos, if you want to come along with my daily doings:

Making my first beeswax candle:

Making pumpkin bread:
My West Virginia trip (part two):


One more? Just toodling around outside in the autumn and inside my studio:

And here are a few cards I've painted recently:







Enjoy the season! Cherish and savor every day! Soon it will be January with plenty of time to rest and ponder. Now is the season for joy.














7 comments:

magsmcc said...

I just adore listening to your voice in your videos. You could be watching paint dry, as in fact I suppose you often do, and I'd still be entranced. That photo of you is precious beyond worth. I hope you're getting it well printed and framed. But, MK, rest more! I thought you were going to say once a day. We are women of a certain age - rest!

GretchenJoanna said...

Leo is truly darling.

And your church friends! What a wealthy woman you are. <3

Granny Marigold said...

I love the picture of you and grandbaby John.
Good news that Adam feels well enough to take on a second job. AND it's a job he is enjoying.
Now I'm off to watch you make a beeswax candle. Somehow I missed that video.

Henny Penny said...

How sweet of Julia to take the tiny kitten. So pitiful to see such a young kitten out looking for a home and someone to love. Breaks my heart. Your grandson is just adorable...like the others. Grandchildren start adding up fast, don't they? :) Glad you enjoyed the art walk...you ARE a real artist! Your paintings are beautiful! There's nothing like having days at home, alone. I miss that so much. Can't get anything done anymore. Dan works two half days a week. That hardly gives me time to vacuum whild his feet are out of the house. Enjoyed your post.

Pom Pom said...

The cards are very beautiful, MK!
Oh, the kitten! I do love kittens so very much!

Retired Knitter said...

You are a REAL ARTIST! Your water color creations are just beautiful.

Veronica Lee said...

Such a cute kitty! Glad he found a loving home.

What a happy bunch of ladies!

Love that photo of you and your grandbaby.