Sunday, June 4, 2023

Just Sitting Here --

 Hi, friends -

Since I'm just sitting here on the reclining loveseat with Adam on a slow Sunday afternoon, I might as well write a blog post, right? Sorry to be so absent. I'm definitely slowing down these days. Adam is done with school for the year, and since he's home, he's the cook for the summer. Hooray! I'm glad to get that daily chore off my shoulders for a few months. I don't mind cooking, but not everyday!

So what's going on? I'm enjoying being at home with the two dogs and the kitty cat. It's a pleasant, slow life. Most days my back gradually hurts more as the day wears on, and I take pain meds, use a heating pad, and rest a good bit. Thus: slowing down.

Still, I try to keep painting and spinning/knitting. Let's see if I can find some photos on my phone:

Here are some cards I have for sale at the Saturday farmers market.
This 9x12" piece is fairy children going into a forest. It feels magical. I very nearly achieved what I was hoping for, which can be hard with art!
Our huge gardenia bush is blooming now! I have a blossom tucked in my blouse as I'm typing now.
Painting bookmarks:

This is the "wildflower blanket" that I crocheted for my sweet granddaughter who is two years old.
Leo, my companion in the studio. He's so sweet.


Lately I've been spinning up this fleece from a local farm. It's a Shetland/Black Welsh Mtn. cross. I'm planning a cardigan sweater!

This pile of yarn went into a rug I wove. I love the mix of the dark (seen in the above photo), and the light-colored Cheviot fleece.


For those who recall that my husband Adam has been sick for several years with a severe auto-immune illness, he is getting better. He had 2 chemo infusions (the aggressive and preferred treatment), and he is definitely improving, has more energy, and will hopefully be able to go off some of his meds soon. We are very thankful. 

Much love to all of you friends in blogland!

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Well, Hello Mary Kathryn, Lovely to see you here. Great news that Adam is doing better and has more energy. Nice that he's doing the cooking too!
What with spinning, crocheting, painting and sitting on the reclining loveseat it's not too surprising that you don't have a lot of time to blog. Have a lovely Summer!!

Gretchen Joanna said...

How splendid, that you have the summer off of cooking duty! Your projects like the blanket and greeting cards testify that you are not lazy; I will say again that you are one of the most productively creative people I have ever met.

The Shetland/Black Welsh Mtn. fleece is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see what you do with the yarn. I know you are entering your least favorite time of year, and and it's good you have non-athletic activities to get you through!

Latane Barton said...

I could almost smell that gardenia through my monitor screen. Sending my wishes and prayers for continued improvement for your husband.

Faith said...

ooh that crochet flower blanket is so pretty and lacy. I do love cloud pictures never see the same one twice...

Kezzie said...

I am glad to hear that Adam is doing better than he was!
Your blanket is sooooo beautiful! Your grandaughter is fortunate! Your weaving is beautiful too and I love the painting and the bookmarks!x