Saturday, March 9, 2024

Fern

  






This year for Valentine's, Adam and I agreed to buy ourselves what we wanted instead of flowers or chocolate. He bought fabric. I bought a ceramic pot and a fern. It finally put up two little shoots.

I've been indulging in my love of wool -- cleaning, carding, spinning, plying, and knitting it. Currently on the needles is a brown sweater made from wool I bought last year at a nearby farm. 

The deep golden/orange yarn is dyed with lichen from our yard.

The daffodils are past now, and overnight it seemed all the Bradford pears in the county burst into bloom. They look so pretty in front of our church.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

You're ahead of us by a few weeks. Daffodils are just beginning to open around here and no trees in bloom yet.
How nice that you can use lichen from your yard to dye your wool. If that's it in the first picture it's just lovely.
Have Farmers Markets started up again? I wonder if you're still painting cards these days. It's so nice to have you post and know a bit of what you're up to. Take care, MJ

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah what a great idea for giving at Valentine's day. The photo of the tree and church is quite lovely. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful March.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I love all your fiber-y goodness!