Sunday, April 7, 2024

Williamsburg in Spring

The Governor's Palace Gardens



The John Whythe House


The Shoemaker's Shop


A view from the 2nd floor of the Capitol, looking down the Duke of Glouchester Street


The Weaver's and Spinner's Shop

Bruton Parish Church



 Twice, Adam and I have bought annual passes to Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. We may do it again in a few years because it's one of our favorite places to go. I never tire of touring a few of the homes or important buildings. Last time I spent lots of time in the museums. I always visit the weaver's shop and the herb gardens. This time I toured the Capitol (a favorite), the Whythe house, and the Raleigh Tavern. I tried to arrive in time for the Wednesday service at Bruton Parish Church, but missed it. We take Beau and Tricky with us, so Adam spends his time sitting outside (while I go inside), which suits him fine. He chats with people and talks about dogs. He enjoys going inside the Tailor's Shop, and we often visit the brickyard if they are putting together or taking apart their free-standing kiln. We stay overnight at Anvil Campground, which offers 3 small cabins for sleeping, for those without an R.V. It's less than 10 minutes' drive to Colonial Williamsburg.

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely to see a post from you today and so nice to see your pictures. Especially of you and also Adam. You touring those houses and him outside chatting with fellow dog lovers sounds like a fine arrangement. I'd love to tour that whole area one day.It must be so interesting.