Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blogasbord Snack:

Never Abandoned -- This beautiful account of love for an orphan made me cry.

Knowledge as Submission -- Andree Seu at World Magazine clearly shows that knowing God must result in trusting Him. "We 'submit' to our claim that we know that our mechanic has changed the oil; we do that by paying him and driving off 10 hours to Michigan. Not dissimilarly, we 'submit' to our claim that we know God by living as though His promises are true and will hold us up."  I've never heard it explained so clearly before.

In other words, when we fight against trusting God in times of trial, we're basically saying "I don't really know You. I don't know you well enough to trust You."

Why Do We Let Them Dress Like That? -- If WSJ mom-writers are asking culture questions like this, then shame on Christian moms who haven't been.

South Dakota Abortion Law -- The NY Times clearly doesn't like the restrictions of this law, but I think it's wonderful that lawmakers are finally taking the deaths of the babies, and the abuse of the young women, seriously. I'm sick of our culture thinking of abortion doctors as heroes.

No comments: