Saturday, May 14, 2011

Just What She Wanted

Anna's graduation was different from your usual high school ceremony. One graduate. About 20 people. Held in a small room in the local library. But it was exactly -- exactly -- what she wanted. Private, small, spiritual, just her friends.

Still, we had the usual fun tables displaying the joys of Anna's growing-up years.
And a couple of display boards, and cards.
Adam and I each gave a little speech.
And Anna thanked all the people who've been important in her life -- even her siblings!
Mostly, there was lots of talking, visiting, hugging, smiling, and congratulating.
And even a congratulatory kiss from the daddy ...
My dear parents drove over for the event. Bless them -- with 26 grandchildren, my mother said they had 8 birthdays and 3 graduations, just in May! That's a lot to remember! We're so glad they could come, even though I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, getting everything set up.
The two buddies. Julia and my dad have been pals since way back :)
There was some goofing around. Adam and Peter are always good for a bit of silliness.
Finally, Anna got to kick off her shoes, and visit with old friends. It was a great day! We are so proud of her!

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

Yahoo! I'm glad it was a lovely day!