Thursday, August 31, 2017

Are You Ready ...?

My blog buddy PomPom, and her blog buddy Marcie, are making Autumn Journals this year. They've invited everybody to join them, if we like. I like!
I immediately asked Adam if he could make me a journal to use. He already had a selection of page sets, so I selected two in fall colors.
These two will give me about 80 pages to sketch, color, paint, write, or paste in anything I like regarding autumn, which is the season I adore. Have I mentioned that before? Haha!
This little metal candle holder I found at the thrift store months ago.
 

And blog friend Gretchen mentioned reading Brambly Hedge to her grandkids, one of my favorites this time of year!
I've pretty much finished the Weaving in the Wreath. Not sure if I like that yellow up there. What do you think? Should I tone it down by weaving in something else? Anyway, it was a very fun project, and oh-so creative.
 Here's something Julia kindly left for me when she went off to college. It's the transom of a dinghy. She painted the birds. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. I want to hang it in The Little House (her old room) now that we are "freshening it" up a bit.
 Speaking of which, here it is, in its slightly tidier state ... although still rather Spartan.
 (I need a lampshade.)
 Having the futon and the single bed there gives lots of sleeping options to whomever is visiting.
Still a long way to go. Must be acceptable by Thanksgiving because somebodies will need to sleep over there. It's just around the corner.
Are you ready for Autumn yet? Would you do a Fall Journal with us? Just find an empty book, stick some pretty leaves in it, and sketch or write whatever you like. Come on!

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Your fall nature journal has a lot more pages than mine. I am so excited that you are joining us! I think we will gather many lovely pictures as we go along! Julia's painting is fantastic and her old room looks cozy!

Gumbo Lily said...

I like your wreath weaving.. I'm thinking of joining the fall nature journal too. Sounds like fun to me!

Lisa Richards said...

I like Julia's little house/room. What are the dimensions? Looks about right for my someday tiny home! Not sure if I'll start a new journal, but maybe I'll join in by working on my old altered Scripture Journal book. :) Happy Autumn!

Ida said...

I like the boat with the birds Julia did. - I bet your house is different now with her off to College. I hope you are doing okay with that. - I never was good at writing in a Journal.