Monday, May 20, 2019

Hittin' the Road

I'm on the road again.
Leaving home is not easy, but when love of family calls, we love to answer!
I traveled from the coast of North Carolina to the edge of the Mississippi River for my little girl's baby shower.




 Anna loves elephants, so many of the gifts had little elephants on them.

It's a flying trip, four days of driving in a five-day journey. I had my younger daughter and my daughter-in-law for company most of the way. Tomorrow I make my way home alone.
I enjoyed worshiping with Anna and Gramm, and a covered dish meal afterward. Check out the gorgeous wooden table their church uses to serve the food!

We also stayed at an Air B&B owned by Gramm's family that is super cool, the Blues Hound Flat.
 I'm so proud of how hard all my kids work. Gramm keeps so busy with all his responsibilities, and he's added this spectacular place to the list.


Today I'm resting at Philip and Kara's house before the long drive tomorrow. We tootled up to the mountain to see the renovation work they've done to the college's old building, Carter Hall.
 At last I think they're putting a new roof on the leaky chapel.



Time with my children comes too seldom, passes too fast, and is more precious as the years pass. Now a sweet grandbaby is added, soon to be born, and how that will complicate things! I can't wait.

8 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

What a cute baby bump! :) It was a beautiful shower! Drive safely!

Henny Penny said...

I enjoyed seeing these pictures. You have beautiful daughters.

Granny Marigold said...

The shower looks to have been great...the food, the gifts
( mostly blue??) now you have the long trip driving back. Travel safely.

GretchenJoanna said...

Wow, that does sound like a strenuous outing. Will you listen to something on the way home, or just enjoy the scenery?

happyone said...

Shower looks and sounds like a wonderful time. So nice that you were able to spend time with your kids.
Have a safe trip home!

magsmcc said...

One of the first times I read your blog you and Julia had been in the local bookstore and had walked into the country, all with the travelling Rat and Mole on their worldwide tour! How spectacular she is now - as are you all! It amazes me how life moves so beautifully on. Thank you for sharing your journey in blogland; I love it!

Retired Knitter said...

Grand babies - the best gift of a full life well lived.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Beautiful photos and congratulations,