Monday, July 20, 2020

Bloggers' Art Gallery

We're sharing our art! Kezzie (dear blogging friend) is having an Art-Sharing Party today. Click over and see all the bloggers who are sharing the art that they have in their homes.

I share a lot of my watercolors here, but today I want to share someone else's art. My daughter is an amazing artist, a true artist. She has sketched since she was a toddler. I'll share a few of her little pieces I still have stuck around the house from before she was old enough to insist on her own style. She's nearly finished college and does complicated art now, but these old pieces are still some of my favorites.

This first little one was painted when she was small, maybe 1st or 2nd grade. And yes -- she almost always paints out of her head. At this age, I knew she had a gift.
Most of the rest of these were done when she was in 8th grade, I think. Sketching is her first artistic love.
I've always loved this sketch of the lady in the long dress.

Acrylic on canvas. Again, out of her head -- the colors, and textures.
She captured the glass so perfectly here. That's hard to do. This was painted from a resource object.
As was this -

She quickly acquired a gift for lines, perspective, geometrical shapes.
Another watercolor using a cruet of mine as a resource.


She painted this English robin as the logo for my soap business.
This last one she painted for me before she went off to college.
My oldest brother Max is also an artist, and sketching was also his constant medium. I have a few of his pieces in the house that he did years ago.


I'm sorry those images are not clear. They are behind glass and are large and on the wall. The pair of draft horses is quite large and heavy. He enjoys sketching horses.
This last piece is a painting (I think an oil) of my mother when she was in her late teens. I don't know who the artist is.
That's my little dab of art sharing. I hope you enjoyed it. My walls are covered with art from various friends, usually friends of my mother, who attracted artistic friends like a magnet. Their beautiful artwork, gifted to her, is dribbling its way into the homes of her children and grandchildren as the years pass. We are thankful! But more than anyone else's art, I love the art of my daughter and my brother.


16 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I love the sketches. They are superb!! It would seem the talent for sketching/painting is in your genes.

Lisa Richards said...

You certainly do have a family full of artists! Thanks for sharing! :)

HazelxJoy said...

What a very talented family you have! Thank you for sharing.

Confuzzled Bev said...

Wow, your daughter is certainly very talented. I love the robin!

Anca said...

How wonderful! Your artwork is not only beautiful, but very special because it is made by your children. The Victorian lady and the horses are gorgeous. Love all of them.

Ivana Split said...

Those art pieces of your daughter Julie than she made in the first and third grade are absolutely spectacular. So wise of you to keep onto them. The gift was in her from such a young age. Most children are creative my nature and Picasso was right to call every child and artist but her childhood works are a class above the regular creative kid stuff, they truly show a future painter. Wonderful to see the evolution of her skills throughout the years. You're lucky to have so many artists around you. Love that painting of your mom in her teens done by an unknown artist.

Aril said...

Some lovely pieces there. Thanks for sharing. Arilx

Shybiker said...

Wow! Amazing pieces. I love the first one.

Vix said...

Your daughter is so talented, I loved browsing through her work. Her use of colour is magical! x

Julia said...

Your daughter and brother are amazingly talented artists. I love every single one of their paintings and sketches. Just beautiful. I also like your daughter and I share the same name.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. I appreciate it very much.
Julia

Kezzie said...

Oh wow, I LOVE seeing all your pieces of art together. I've seen Julia's work before but I had not realised how talented she was from a young age. I love the lady in the dress and what a wide variety of subjects she has done. Your brother is extraordinarily talented too!
I love that painting of your mother- it actually strongly reminds me of three photographs of my sister, Mum and Grandmother all in a similar post wearing a tutu! Thank you so much for taking part!

Louise said...

You have some lovely art work and it's great that all these are painted by family. Thanks for the tour!

Fat Dormouse said...


What beautiful pieces of art - and how lovely that they are so personal to your family.

Una said...

Your daughter is very talented. I especially love the painting of the three shops/houses.

Mike said...

Your daughter's art is beautiful! As an "artist" myself, I truly admire and appreciate the techniques, perspective and overall layout that other artists use in their pieces, which helps me to improve my own craft. I really love the one she did with the building receding back into space; a clear and well done display of one point perspective. And her sketches are absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for sharing these. All very well done!

thismammablogs.x said...

Hello , those art pieces are so beautiful and very talented. It's so lovely that your family are doing these.x