Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Pecan Snowball Cookies

I'm putting this recipe in a post so I can find it later and not spend a half hour hunting for it next Christmas! Like other recipes, it will be on the "Cooking" page (see above, on the top bar), with a link back to this post. Phew!

2 sticks butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted and finely chopped pecans
optional: red/green sprinkles


In mixer, beat butter 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar till smooth. Add vanilla. At low speed, add flour. Then on high speed beat in pecans.

Cover tightly and chill for 1 hour, hardening the butter. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Form into balls. Bake 15 minutes till lightly golden. These cookies do not brown much.
Cool for a minute and then roll in additional powdered sugar while still warm. Cool, and then roll again if you prefer.
After sending these cookies to my mother last Christmas, she told me she never wants ANYTHING else for Christmas. These cookies are her heart's desire :) 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

These cookies look like some I've made in the past except that mine called for 'hiding' a chocolate Rosebud in the middle of each ball of dough. I wonder if you can buy Rosebuds out your way.

gretchenjoanna said...

Those became my late husband's favorites, too, after the first time I baked them at Christmas. I am always consulting my Recipes page and hoping that I've put the wanted recipe there!

Kezzie said...

MMM, these look goooood! It's funny what you said about your mum not wanting anything else for Christmas because my friend Lara made these amazing Chocolate Brownie cookies for me and Chris when we met them in the Summer to go and have a day at the beach in their beach hut and we demolished the lot. At the time, I said, "Just saying, these would make a very good Christmas present!" and she remembered and said she needed to see me at some point with my Christmas bake! In exchange for her, (I hope she likes them!) I've bought her a roll of eco-friendly paper tape for her Crochet business to send her orders plastic free (it's expensive and she doesn't have the margins to pay for more expensive tape) and a face mask with guinea pigs on. Oh and a bag of my old clothes!