Thursday, February 11, 2021

My Go-Home To-Do List:

Being away from home has put a bee in my bonnet to accomplish some long-overdue tasks when I do return home. To hold myself accountable, I'm making a list! Here it is, thus far:

Improve the silverware drawers
Refinish the little bathroom table
Paint the kitchen ceiling on the edges
Clean up the front porch -- this is several days' worth of work
New curtains for the dining room
Hem the dining room sheer
New blinds for the bedroom
Get rid of the bed frame
Clean off back porch near doorway
Price a new mini-dryer
Paint my studio
Paint the shutters (I'm scared of this one.)
Find a new headboard for our bed

I'll make a youtube video also, so I can tell myself, in no uncertain terms, to get after it! When I'm home, I sit around looking at the tasks to be done, and struggle to motivate myself. But away from home? I have all the motivation in the world! 

What has inspired me? Stephanie Jarvis, at Chateau de Lalande in France. She has a youtube channel (a sheer delight!) called Chateau Diaries. I'll put one video below for anyone who might be interested. If she can restore an entire chateau the size of a small village, I can certainly make a few needed improvements to my tiny house!
I'll be adding to my list ... I think ... as I remember other jobs that need doing. Y'all -- keep my nose to the grind stone!

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

What a list! I made myself a new one this morning. Let's buckle down and get these things done! :) Easy to say, right. Can't wait to come back and look at the video.

Granny Marigold said...

That's an impressive list!! I'm looking forward to blog posts as you begin to work away at it. (How does one improve the silverware drawer?)