Saturday, August 25, 2007

Spoilage!

Well, I did it. A friend described the lovely treatment given at the WalMart pedicure/manicure place, so I went. Adam and I had planned to go out for a little time together. But the trip to our favorite bookstore fell through, so we did this instead. As he said, he had to force me to go!
Regal Nails offers their special, a Spa Pedicure and Manicure, for $35. It includes the following:
* great foot soak with all kinds of rubbing, scrubbing and scraping
* incredibly aggressive lounge chair while soaking the feet. This chair nestles your neck, squeezes your spine, and almost readjusts your vertebrae.
*the removal of dead skin. And lo, there was much.
*lotion and waxing of the legs. This treatment goes up to the knees and elbows.
*finger soaking, Palmolive-style
*color of your choice on all appendages
*little heat lamp for drying, plus a cool spray at the end
*all the local news you can stand
*griping lady next to you, while the Asian lady smiles and nods at her

This event will happen again, but next time my nails will be longer and actually need the cutting.
The last time I got a pedicure/manicure was in Mexico, after mixing concrete and hauling block for a week on a mission trip. All of us girls were a wreck. They did eyebrows too. I think that was about 20 years ago.

So, if you have a chance, ladies, my advice is: GO!

No comments: