Monday, February 8, 2016

Sick Day

Monday is my Very Busy Day, but I woke up this morning sick. Just a cold (hopefully not the flu ...), but after I'd contacted nine people (!!!) to cancel all my various Monday commitments, I crawled back into bed, took my sleeping tablet, and slept until 3:30 PM.
People deal with mild sickness differently. Adam's modus operandi is to ignore a cold. If he acts like it's not there, he's not sick, right? It seems to work for him ... mostly. But not me. If I don't Absolutely Rest, I get sicker and sicker. And I pay for it in the end. For me, the best solution is to cancel everything, and sleep until I'm well. My sick day involved:
Ricola lozenges, benadryl, very old Mentholatum 

chamomile tea with our honey
And the latest episode of Downton Abbey, of course.
Now I'm going back to sleep. See you on the healthier side of life!

6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Ha ha. I liked the "very old mentholatum" bit. It seems like that's the only kind I ever have. I hope you feel better after resting. Downton Abbey always helps. I watched episodes 5 and 6 today! Take care of yourself! :)

Sarah said...

Feel better! We're looking down the barrel of some cold weather the rest of this week, so I don't know if we'll be out and about much either.

Una said...

Get well soon!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Be well dear M.K. I meant to get some Ricola drops yesterday while grocery shopping, but forgot. They are great.

I want to get more Sambucol also.

It sounds like what you are doing is very good.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

hjones said...

MK, I'm sorry you're sick. I follow the same routine: Just throw up my hands and surrender, hot tea with lemon, 2 Aleve, crawl under the covers and sleep till afternoon.

happyone said...

Hope you feel better soon. Sleep is good when you're sick.
I deal with a cold like Adam. Makes me feel better to be up and around.