Friday, December 30, 2016

M'Lord and M'Lady Go to Lunch

Perhaps the most delightful Christmas gift I received was from Philip and Kara. They gave to Adam and me official royal titles, issued from a tiny micro-nation called Sealand.  Sealand was an anti-aircraft platform built by England in the Channel during WWII in international waters. Built of steel and concrete and not particularly elegant, the towers amid the waters declared its independence in 1967 under the leadership of Mr. and Mrs. Bates and their teenage children. The base was derelict and abandoned. Now, it's the world smallest state!
And I'm officially Lady Mary Kathryn of Sealand!! Here is my documentation, which I find utterly cool. I squealed when I opened this gift at Christmas.
 Lookie, lookie!!!
You may now simply address me as "My Lady." Hahahaha!!!
The fun fact is this: Roy Bates took over the towers of Sealand on Christmas Eve, 1966, exactly 50 years before I acquired my title. I am married, of course, to Lord Adam.
We decided to mix with the commoners for lunch today and ate at the local burger stop, Aggie's.



 I took a selfie of Adam and me.
You never know when you might get the unexpected good photo of old fat people.
The first one was fuzzy.
 So I took a second.
Adam thus had time to prepare a goofy face.
 Which made us both laugh.
 Isn't he adorable?
We had cheeseburgers, fries ...
 Subs and onion rings ...
 And more onion rings!
We are all enjoying our Christmas vacations and adjusting to our royal titles, hoping they do not come with any responsibilities.

4 comments:

magsmcc said...

Oh I don't think you can frequent burger joints anymore, milady. You have to sip iced tea on the porch reading P G Wodehouse from now on, in between sessions in residence, obviously!

Mary Ann Potter said...

what a fabulous present! Proves the point that the older you get, the greater the chance of knowing someone famous! Does this mean a home makeover to resemble something a tad closer to Downton Abbey?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a cute post with royal titles to boot!

Love the selfies! Glad you had a good time eating at the burger joint, it all looks good to me. I can almost taste those onion rings. :-)

Happy 2017 ~ FlowerLady

Gumbo Lily said...

Looks like fun to me! Your selfies are cute!