Saturday, April 20, 2019

Busy Bees in April

Adam and I have been so busy with so many distracting activities and responsibilities lately. I should take a hint from my dear friend Henny Penny and mostly post pretty flowers, haha! Everyone loves flower posts in spring.

 (I'll sneak in a couple of flower cards ...)


These are Spanish Blue Bells.
 Lady Banks Rose. I'm insanely happy with it.





Tomorrow is Easter, and that also requires a lot of a pastor and his wife. He's preaching and I'm singing a solo at the sunrise service by the river. We'll do both again at 11:00 at our church. My mother has been a little ill. We're beginning to tweak our travel plans when our daughter has her baby. And we have a college daughter soon to be home for a bit. I have a chorale concert coming up. Adam has blood drives. Bible studies, get-togethers, parties, music events. It's a constant, joyful treadmill of duties. I still have not finished Anne Lindbergh's diary. I need for God to turn my Life Dial from "racing" to "slow" for about a month!

I'll end with chickens. They spend their days sitting in the apple tree and pecking for bugs, when they're not snoozing away in a laying box pretending to lay eggs. What a life!

9 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Busy people! Your chickens sure do lead a charmed life in that lush little paradise! :)

magsmcc said...

Blessings to you both- and lots of rest and tea after today!

Granny Marigold said...

I love all the flower pictures. Out here the Spanish Bluebells are quite invasive. We even have white "Bluebells".
I hope you had a lovely Easter. I'm sure your solo sung by the river must have been lovely. Hopefully it was a clear day ( so often we have had rain on Easter. This year the sun is mostly shining, some clouds).

Retired Knitter said...

Beautiful pictures. Busy people.

M.K. said...

They do, Lisa! It's quite large for only 7 birds. So many bugs, so little time :)

M.K. said...

Thank you, Mags!! I am trying to take it a little easier, but yard work is calling.

M.K. said...

It was chilly, GM, but not cold, and it was clear and not windy. Really a perfect Easter morning ... if I were a morning person, haha :)

M.K. said...

Slowing down as we are able, RK :)

Una said...

After decades of aversion to yellow in the garden, I am coming around to it and actually planted a yellow rose this year. It won't be a climber like yours, but it will be a vigorous upright grower. Yours is lovely and the arch looks really strong. I can guess who made it..!!