Monday, May 27, 2019

Still Here. Still Watercoloring.

I don't think "watercoloring" is a word, but that's what I'm doing this morning. Adam has weeded the garden and is now washing the outside of the house. It's so very hot here (97 degrees on Friday, around 90+ since then) and no rain for 2 weeks. And ... the tomato plants went in their beds last week! Yikes! Adam likes the heat; I like the A/C.
So here's a short video of what I've been painting this morning:

I'm sorry I'm very remiss in visiting blogs and leaving comments to you, my dear friends. I  haven't forgotten you. I'm just kind of in a slump, or to put it in more accurate terms, a little depressed. It's probably the heat, or whatever, nothing to worry about. But depression causes you to cut things out of your life; they take too much energy. For us who are already introverted, interaction takes energy at the best of times. So please know I love you, and I'll perk back up later :)  No worries. I hope all is well with you, especially if you're a teacher and desperately hoping for school to be over! May you have a very restful summer.
the yellow iris
This is the video from Grant Fuller of the sunflowers. So fun!
Below is the iris video by Angela Fehr.

12 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you're in a slump MK. The heat, and life in general can make it tough to "perk up". Be extra kind to yourself.

Henny Penny said...

I have times too that I just feel down and depressed, and really don't know why. Sometimes once a week I feel that way. It's hard to get interested in doing anything. This heat is awful!! Hope you're feeling cheerful again soon.

Lisa Richards said...

Totally understand about not feeling up to visiting and commenting! Wow, it's really hot where you are! I took my walk in a coat and sweater today. It was in the 50's. I love how you said watercolor was just supposed to be a representation of something. I think I try too hard to make it look "realistic" and that takes all the fun out of it. I'm in an ATC swap where our theme is fish. I think I'll be doing watercolors of those. Fish are fun to paint for some reason! I'm hoping my new desk setup will make it more fun to paint. I love your teacup! So cute! Keep cool! Hugs!

GretchenJoanna said...

I liked the sunflowers very much, but the iris is more lovely! It reflects the essence of the real iris.

Being creative and quiet -- and cool! -- will recharge you, I bet, and bring back some of your usual energy.

God bless you, Mary Kathryn!

happyone said...

Hope you are out of your slump and you are enjoying a beautiful day. :)

Retired Knitter said...

I think "watercoloring" is a word if Spell Check says it is! Haha. Sometimes my spelling of a word is so bad that even poor Spell Check can't help me. Then I have to ask my husband who is a good speller - and I find out just how far off I really was.

Your slump will pass eventually I am sure. Just be sure you are eating and sleeping well - and things will eventually look better!

M.K. said...

Thank you, kind GM :) !!

M.K. said...

Thank you, dear friend. I know many of us feel this way, and it's good to know we're not alone.

M.K. said...

Lisa, I've heard that concept about watercolor from a couple of different sources lately, and it's so helpful. I am only painting a symbol of something, not the thing itself. Watercolor is such a minimalist method; it's so easy to over-paint it. A few brush strokes in the right place, the right values, and the symbol is perfect :) Enjoy your painting ... AND your 50 degrees!!

M.K. said...

Thank you, sweetheart. And thanks for loving the iris. I wasn't sure about it.

M.K. said...

Thank you, Karen!

M.K. said...

THat's a very good reminder, RK :) It's so true that slumps pass with time, and then one feels normal again.