Monday, August 19, 2024

Here Comes the Cold Front!

Lucy is so silly. She LOVES to lie under soft, fabricky things: blankets, pillows, throws, bedding, stray clothing. Lying under this pillow on the floor was a first, though.
I've been knitting. It helps me with my August coping. At long last, I'm knitting a classic British tea cozy! I've wanted to do this for years.
The knitting on the wrong side is quite strange.
You have lots of yarn carried across the backs of other stitches. It produces a very thick, padded-feeling cozy. 

At this point, I'm beginning the reduction toward the top of the cozy.


It turned out cute. I like the two colors. The wool is Lion Brand Wool-Ease. But it's too tight. I think I pulled the carried yarn too tightly. I imagine I'll be knitting a second one, a good bit bigger.

On Saturday morning Adam made us yeasted waffles for breakfast.


The animals spend a lot of their time during the day snoozing, just waiting for Adam to come home. He is their favorite. 
Today's high was 89 (and humid).
Tomorrow's high is only 83 though, and after that the week cools a bit more. Friday's high is supposed to be only 79!!! Yippee!
I wonder if I'll be tempted to have my morning coffee on the back deck?


 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you get the anticipated cool down. I know how the heat has been unrelenting. We're cooling down too...feels very much like the end of Summer.
I had 2 tea cozies, one knitted and one quilted. I decided I only needed one so I kept the quilted one. Yours looks good and thick. It will keep tea nice and hot.

Kim said...

Hi, M.K.! It's cooling here, too, and I'm so excited! Tired of the muggy heat and ready for some drier, cooler mornings. It was almost tolerable this morning on our deck. Your tea cozy is sweet! 🫖 Nice work! I'm a crocheter, not a knitter. Someday I'll hopefully learn. Hope you have a lovely week! ❤️

GretchenJoanna said...

What a beautiful design for a cozy -- it's such a blessing that you have your knitting therapy :-)

Glad it's cooling down for you, Mary Kathryn. It's been a bit humid here this week, but nothing like your side of the country. What a big and wide land we live in, with so much climate and geographical diversity. (I'm glad I live right where I do!)

<3 <3 <3