Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This and That

Here are some photos I've taken recently, but didn't get into any particular post.
Last week I did some baking one day -- totally wore myself out! White bread, pumpkin bread (bundt), cinnamon bread (notice how we'd already dug into it :),  and pumpkin pie. The pumpkin products were gone almost immediately.
Anna does lots of hand work.  She's always working on something. This is a pillow case that an elderly friend gave her. The friend is a resident in a nursing home, and was clearing out various items.  What a windfall! It came with the thread also. I love that she chose blue for the hearts.  They're delicate, almost like snowflakes.  I really think Anna's artistic gift is in "fabric arts," if that's a term. She's usually working on 3 or 4 projects at a time.
I brought my pumpkin inside from the front porch, before the first freeze.  Did you know that it's the FREEZING that rots your pumpkin, and turns it into a mushy heap on the stoop? It's true! Last year I brought mine inside before it froze, and it lasted inside all winter. I love pumpkins, and enjoy it so much when it hangs around for months.
Peter has begun making smoothies regularly.  He's rather creative with his ingredients, but he always shares with Julia, and they're so healthy -- who can complain? They brought me a small one. The kiwi and banana on top are just adorable!!  Peter said they were going for a "lily pad" look.  Priceless! 

No comments: