Sunday, February 17, 2019

It's Been So Long, I Don't Even Know What This Post Will Be ...

... because I'll have to click over and see what photos I have on my camera ... and I don't remember that either!

Okay, so let's start with some food. Adam made this lunch on Valentine's Day, I think. All the good food kind of melds together around here.
This was fabulously yummy and healthy too.

Adam's been busy. He had a blood drive on Friday (he's a volunteer) and then Red Cross training in Goldsboro all day Saturday. That's a lot! Then all his usual church duties today. 

What've I been up to, you ask? (Well, maybe you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway, haha.) Painting! Here are some more cards. I do mount the watercolors on nice cards with envelopes, in clear plastic sleeves. If anybody wants to buy any of them, they are $5 each. Just let me know. (They are originals, not prints.)



 I decided to branch out from flowers into fruit.
 Not quite finished with this one yet, but it's turning out nicely:
I thought you might like to see the process of one of these little paintings. Here are photos showing some of the process:



Then there are the ugly ones. I did a REALLY ugly one after watching a youtube video the other day. I could not accomplish what the artist was showing me:
 She was able to see a tree in hers, and draw the tree out. But I couldn't see anything in mine.
 It was so ugly I finally cut it up into bookmarks.
Then ... there's the other thing I'm doing lately, which is watching a Youtube Channel called "Life in a Nutshell."
This is Magnus and Wendy from Australia, who bought a narrowboat and toodled around the canals of England for a couple of years. But Magnus is a wanderer at heart, an adventurer, and I think he got bored with the canals. So they bought a 43-foot sailboat in Panama, fixed her up, and took off sailing the high seas in the Pacific. I watch their channel (129 videos and counting) while I'm painting or knitting. The weather's been rainy and cold, so what else is there to do? I did vacuum and clean the bathroom yesterday, so I wouldn't feel like a total deadbeat.

Magnus and Wendy are living a highly adventurous, fun, semi-retired life that I envy a bit. Few people can do that. He goes back to Australia to work a couple of months each year to get income, but mostly they travel and do the things the rest of us only dream of. I do dream a bit. I wish Adam and I could travel and do fun things together, could escape the steady, weekly grind of commitments and responsibilities that are life. I guess we all wish this sometimes, right? People tell you, "Just do it!" But of course, it takes cash and vehicles that run well and at least a little vacation time. So I'm thankful for a Youtube channel that gives a vicarious experience, a shot of adrenaline into those dreams.

6 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

I'm with you. I would love to travel and have some adventures. Not happening here - although we are retired and time isn't an issue, my husband is disabled and a hermit by nature. Oh well, I am thankful for what I have. Love your art work. What a fun hobby. I will also check out the YouTube suggestion. Sounds intreging.

Lisa Richards said...

I kind of go in for vicarious vacations via YouTube myself. ;)
I smiled when you said that about checking your camera to see what you were going to blog about. I do that, too, because I can't remember what's happened, lol. I've had a cold for a couple of days. I probably could have gone to church today, but my inner hermit decided I might still have a cold, ahem. Speaking of commitments keeping us from living the free life, I would just like to say, God bless you guys for being committed and for "showing up" for your church. I've been making excuses not to help at church or go to various things, but after this shooting in our town I realize that it's so important for the church to show up and do whatever we can to make people feel loved. I'll probably expostulate on this further in my blog. I'm loving those cards! And I actually did a little dusting and vacuuming today! It's dawning on me that I now have twice as much house to look after! :) Blessings on your day and eat some of that cuisine for me! :)

happyone said...

Your water colors are lovely.
Since Ken was in the Navy we have lived in different places in the world so felt like we did our traveling when we were young. Now we enjoy being at home living in the woods. :) Still fun to take a little trip once in a while though.

annie said...

Your cards are so pretty, I love the colors.
As for sailing away, yes I’d do that if the money was there. Of course, having never been sailing, I would not know where to begin. Leaving the problems though, that would be paradise.
The food your husband makes always look so good.
As for you tube, my lookie looks are metal detecting videos, where is my buried treasure? Some money saving ones, and easy cooking. I enjoy some from England, more thrifty things, and a few craft channels. Mostly Christian music ones over all. Mercy Me, etc.
I go for days and never turn them on, but then I do. This time of year, you could easily lose hours every day on them. But the coming warmer weather will lure me out side.
I enjoyed your post, I’d like to see the NC coast again at some point, it has been several years.
Still praying, sounds like my mantra, but it is the truth. Blessings.

Granny Marigold said...

I liked seeing how the cards you make evolve. They're very pretty!
I enjoyed the little video showing the narrowboat. I'm such a homebody that life on the road ( or the water) for any length of time would not be for me.

Henny Penny said...

I can't even imagine sitting down to a meal that delicious and healthy, prepared by my husband. I can't make a meal that looks that good! Your watercolor paintings are so pretty. As for traveling...I love the feeling of being settled in one place. Poppy said the other day, wouldn't you like to sell everything and buy a travel trailer? Not really. :(