Tuesday, April 2, 2019

It's Raining. Again.

Hello, all. Adam and I are inside today. It's mighty damp and drear out there. He's baking. I'm painting. Here's a quick video of our morning:
Out my window:

After the two violet cards,

 I started another misty forest card. This is more our mood today! It's half-done.
 When I'm tired of being hunched over my paints, I watch a nice youtube video and crochet or knit.
Flashback: On Saturday, however, it was lovely, warm, flip-flop weather!
 After the farmers' market we went to Vandemere Waterfront Park, which is just a few minutes from our house.
 Do you see Beau?
 How nice to sit in the sun with Adam!
 For years Adam has filled out those Nielson ratings questionnaires that come in the mail because they'll send you CASH if you do! He got $10, so we went to Subway, bought two sandwiches, and took our picnic to the park with us.
 The parking lot was choc full of trucks with boat trailers, but the park itself was empty of people. It's a beautiful public boat access point, and folks were out on the water.
Beau wanted my Sun Chips.

Back to today:  Who would've thought that on April 2 we would still be this cold? Turtlenecks? Hot tea? Heaters chugging away? Tea pot sitting on the heater to keep it warm?

As you see, not much going around here. Every day that passes, Poppie and I grow more like boring old people, haha! But this quiet little life is just what we like. If I want an exciting life, I just click on Facebook for five minutes, and vicariously I can travel to London, Germany, a mission trip in the Caribbean, Montreal, the Pacific, and see four different friends' dogs do tricks, all at once.

Time for naps as soon as I finish my apple and peanut butter for lunch. Rain is a snoozy thing.

9 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

I'm enjoying a few quiet moments while the rest of my visiting family is gone to town. We've had some flurries today, interspersed with sun! It can't decide. But nothing that will stick. Enjoy your day!

Lisa Richards said...

Loved the video and I bookmarked the BBC videos! Thanks! :)

Granny Marigold said...

Like Lisa I bookmarked those videos too. Our sunny day are coming to an end and I'll take more time to watch videos then ( and hopefully take time to do some much-needed housework).
I took a nap on the porch swing this afternoon in spite of the everlasting hammering and drilling going on next door. I almost never take a nap. I must be getting old *big grin*

M.K. said...

Those quiet moments when the family leaves for errands are really enriching, Lisa :) I hope your snow stops soon!

M.K. said...

You're welcome! Dan Cruikshank has other videos about British houses too that I'm now watching. Oh - BEWARE a brief view in the "Clandeboye" episode of a piece of nude artwork in a closet!!!

M.K. said...

We need nearly daily naps! Sorry about all the noise. That is a pain! I hope you get some good neighbors out of it. Like I said to Lisa, beware in the "Clandeboye" episode, a brief siting of nude artwork in a closet!! Otherwise, relatively clean show.

Retired Knitter said...

You know, your art just keeps getting better and better!!! I am not a note writer but if I was, I would be buying up your work.

M.K. said...

Thank you so much! Y'know, I'm not a note writer myself either :) I dislike writing by hand; it cramps my fingers. I prefer typing. So I'm glad there are still some note-writers out there!

magsmcc said...

And sometimes you can have a quick jaunt to Northern Ireland as well! I laugh upon your chilly 2nd April- ha! Rain, you say? Ha ha ha!