Wednesday, January 22, 2020

All Charged Up

I accidentally left my laptop power cord in West Virginia, so I've been off-line (mostly) for a few days. I don't like doing much internet business on my phone ... squinting at the tiny screen ... typing with one finger. My thoughtful, techy son sent me a new cord!

On the drive home I remembered to photograph this unusual home on hwy. 60. It's shaped like a tea pot! (I love driving the back roads instead of interstates.)

Bo Beau missed me.


Adam taste-tested (with the dogs) lots of diet frozen meals while I was gone. (I know ... ugh!) If you want to know what the dogs thought of them, here's the video:

He made me yummy dinners when I returned home.


Anna gave me a good idea yesterday. She mentioned that she makes "no-bake fudgies" as a single serving, in a cup. She does it in the microwave, but we don't have a microwave, so I made mine in a little saucepan. It was wonderful!

Here's how:
Heat 1/4 cup milk. Add 2 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. cocoa powder until well mixed and warm. Add about 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and a little butter, and stir until melted in. Then add old-fashioned oats. (Oh goodness, I don't know how much. Until it looks like a lot, but you want the oats to cook and soften a bit in the milk mixture over low heat, so don't add too much). Allow to rest on low heat until oats are softened, put in a cup and eat with a spoon. It's not like you can mess this one up :)

My mother received the most amazing Christmas card. I was so enamored with it that she allowed me to bring it home. Here's a short video I made showing how it looks:
I hope it works for you. If not, here are some still shots:
 It's a tri-fold card.
 I wanted to paint a card like that. It's a silliness. It will take me hours to finish it, and it's just one card, and there's no good way to print/copy it. But it's such a cool idea! I couldn't resist. I'm not quite done selecting all the book titles I want on mine.
The original card is made by Bodleian Libraries at Oxford University in the UK.

That's the latest from me. It's good to be home.

8 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Your husband was hilarious in his video where he shared about all the frozen meals!
I think Ned is the wise one in the house he isn't going near those meals! Ha :-)
I have to say that was very educational, so please tell your husband I appreciated him sharing all the little facts about those meals and to prove you don't need a microwave. ;)
That tea pot home is quite unique.
Have a beautiful day

Gumbo Lily said...

The Christmas card is beautiful! Yours will be too. Wonderful idea.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm so glad Adam did all that frozen food stuff while you were far away!!!

Granny Marigold said...

Obviously dogs eat anything! I'm not surprised that Adam couldn't bring himself to eat what looked quite unappetizing.
Love the unique card your mom received. You'll have fun making your own now.
The "no-bake fudgies" could almost be called healthy. They do have peanut butter and oats after all!!
.

Henny Penny said...

I've got to try the little fudgie things. Reminds me of chocolate oatmeal cookies. That is the neatest card, and yours looks perfect! Going back now and look at your husband's video. Oh, I enjoyed your visit home...in your last post.

Henny Penny said...

I really enjoyed Adam's video!

Retired Knitter said...

Isn't it frustrating when you misplace or leave behind a power cord. Glad you got one.

The card certainly is unique.

annie said...

I am with Ned, I'd hide too from some of those. The video mad me laugh. I am enjoying his sharing and happy he is doing so well.
I have seen a few round houses, never a tea pot one. It was amazing.