Wednesday, January 29, 2020

In the Studio This Morning

I'm painting cards.

I followed along at CeeCee Creations to paint these. Very peaceful video.

I painted a few nautical cards too, using one of CeeCee's other videos as a prompt.



My chickens were quite happy with some bread snacks this morning.
Who are these chickens?
front row: Sheena (black), Clementine (gray), Sylvie (gray)
behind Sheena is Henny Penny; behind Sylvie is Brownie
In the back you see Buck's tail feathers sticking up.
By the food tray are Buster and Pepper.
Ruby, who's quite shy, is by the fence in the back.
One of those roosters is going away this weekend.
Nobody needs two roosters.

Now that I've had my fun painting, I must go work at some editing. Adam is preparing to send some of my books off to agents (!!! YIKES!!!) in early February. Kinda nervous about that. I'm over halfway done editing my Federal Hill children's novel (sequel to Three Against the Dark, for you fans out there), and the "Mortuary Mystery" cozy novel is pretty much ready to go also, plus that 3rd picture book, The Rescue of William Shrew. He will try out Three Against the Dark with an agent. I do think Ten Days at Federal Hill is a better book. We'll see!
Adam's crusty loaf
In addition, Adam is going gang-busters with his new Youtube station. If you haven't watched his most recent one, it's his best yet -- a lovely evening story about cooking Lemon Ricotta Chicken. So many great cooking techniques to ease your dinner prep, plus you get to see Beau :)
If you enjoy the video, please do click the "thumb's up" button, and if you click "subscribe," you'll get an email every time there's a new video. Thank you!

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I subscribed! Fun!
I hope your books gets picked up, MK!
xoxoxo

GretchenJoanna said...

I love learning your chickens’ names. They all seem so fitting, but I especially love Henrietta and Sylvie ❤️

Your husband is surely the best and kindest agent!! I’m amazed at your literary output and a little nervous alongside you.

happyone said...

Your cards are so pretty!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear MK ~ you are so busy and so talented. How exciting about your books!!!
Adam's bread looks so yummy and the chicken dish sounds delicious. I need to check out his vlog again. Have a lovely day ~ FlowerLady

Retired Knitter said...

Love your art. Beautiful.