Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Little Gospel

No pictures today, sorry. I put some newly-charged batteries into the camera before leaving for music camp, but they must have been barely-charged. Already running low.

We're singing some great music this week. Here's the line-up for the Adult Choir:

"Anthem of Dedication" by Warren Martin - huge, long piece with various hymns interspersed. I got to be in a sextet in it.
"Let All the World in Every Corner Sing" by Wm. Mathias. Also big. Not the tune I sang years ago.
"The Best of Rooms" by Randall Thompson. Gorgeous. Is there a RT piece that isn't? a cappella
"Ride On, King Jesus" by Larry Fleming. Fun, with a great coda
"Give Me Jesus" also by Fleming. I LOVE this piece. We did a similar arrangement at Covenant College, and it might have been my favorite over 4 years.
"Witness for My Lord" by Rollo Dilworth. Great gospel piece. I was hoping to get the solo int his one, but I'm not sure. Pure fun, and must do without the sheet music.
"Ma te Atua" by David Hamilton. New Zealand ethnic piece. Lovely.

The concert is Friday night at Bonclarken, 7:00. If you live nearby, you should come!

2 comments:

Beth said...

It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time, M.K.! How I miss the good ole Chorale days -- singing great works.

M.K. said...

This is almost as fun - if it lasted 4 years and if my voice were younger :)