Friday, June 24, 2016

For Lisa: The Hippie Farm Mama Look

Lisa, from Pen and Ink, asked me to show the sparkly thrift store skirt. I'm calling this my hippie Bohemian look, or whatever adjectives you care to toss around. Casual, Feminine. Cotton. Cool. Drapey.
A close-up of some of the bling
On the same day, I bought this one, my favorite:
Both these first two skirts have an underneath panel that goes from the waist to mid-thigh, 
a kind of slip, so I don't have to put on my polyester slip. Yay!!
A while back I bough this one at the same store.
I wait until they have a sale where everything's $2.
This one I bought there also, over a year ago, in a slightly thinner stage, but it still fits.
You'll notice a red theme emerging here. Not sure why, but I don't wear red, and I don't own red shirts.
This one's not all cotton, but it fits the bill.
Adam says he prefers skirts that fall from the hips and are full.
He does not like pencil skirts.
Good thing, then, that it's been years since I resembled a pencil!
I was down to one stained red t-shirt, so today (during their $2 top sale) I went to the thrift store and picked up THREE tops! I'm utterly spoiled for ever again shopping at a regular store.
The only label I could find that would fit this post is "fashion," but I'm not quite sure about that one either ....

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Thanks, MK! The second and third ones are my favorites! Are they ankle length or shorter? Mine's ankle length, and somehow when I ordered it online I thought it was above the ankle. I just feel so "different" wearing it, that I don't know if I'll have the courage to wear it in public. Maybe around the house. :)

Una said...

What great bargains in that shop. I hate to think what these would have cost when they were new.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I will take all of these please! ;-) I'd love to find skirts like these for $2. That's quite the bargain!!!

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Mary Ann Potter said...

Love these! A white t- shirt, a pair of Birkenstocks, and you're all set!