This'll be quick. Kezzie tagged me to answer these questions:
1. What is my favorite gemstone? Amethyst
2. If I could spend a day with any historical figure, who would it be and why? Jesus, so I could grill him on all the things I want to know, and have him tell me, "You don't get to know that yet." Otherwise, Elizabeth I.
3. Favorite genre of film? Mysterious children's movies like "Secret of Roan Inish," or sweet period pieces for ladies like "Enchanted April."
4. What was my favorite toy as a child? A little stuffed animal dog. His name? Doggie
5. What's the last book I read that I'd recommend to everyone? I know I've read good stuff recently, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I read a biography of Elizabeth I years ago by Lytton Strachey that was quite good.
6. What was the best piece of advice you've ever been given? Not to take people's behaviors personally.
7. Who would your dream dinner guests be and why? Family, because I wouldn't stress about cleaning the house.
8. Do I prefer day or night? Night
9. If space travel became a possibility overnight, where would I go? I have no desire to go anywhere but Earth, thank you.
10. If time travel were a possibility, when would I travel to? Other times always seem scary to me because I'm sure I'd be a peasant living a grueling life. So I'd pick North America before the Europeans arrived, among a nice quiet Native American tribe.
That's it, folks! Thank you, Kezzie. I think this means I've gotten a Sisterhood of the World Award :) I don't care to make up ten new questions for my nominees, so I'll just stick with these ten.
If your name has an "R" in it, YOU are nominated!