Sunday, February 26, 2017

At War with Your Bathtub?

When Adam put in the new bathroom, and I got a sparkling new tub and shower unit, I told myself I would not ever, ever, ever let it get gross and dirty. Are you fighting with your tub? Do you hate cleaning it? Do you wish there were a way to keep it always fresh and clean? Well ... Tada!!!
You've seen these in the store. They sell them for dish scrubbing, but a facebook friend recommended this as the brilliant tool to keep a clean shower. That was several months ago (honestly, considering my memory, it was probably September), and I'm here to tell you that it works! It works for me, anyway.
Screw off the white end of the wand and put 1/2 Dawn dish detergent and 1/2 white vinegar inside.
or the knock-off brand ...
I sometimes have trouble with the bubbles. Wait for them to die down if you want to fill it all the way up.
I keep this scrubber in the shower and I scrub away at the walls or tub whenever I think of it -- before a soak in the tub, while I'm in the shower, etc. In other words, it gets a little bit of good cleaning nearly every day. And I never, ever have to look at my shower/tub and think, "Ugh! That's nasty! Now I must go to battle!"  No reaching for some spray cleanser.No harsh chemicals.  No nasty little cleaning rag draped over a handle. Give it a try!

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Looks like a great idea! I've been using the Scrubbing Bubbles, but I'd rather use something less chemically. :)

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

The Dawn and vinegar is an amazing combination to get rid of soap scum been using it for a while but I'll have to try that tool. Thanks for the tip.

Una said...

So, I'm not the only person to hang a cloth over (in my case) a bath tap. I used to think I was the only person who hung the next day's clothes over the banisters at night. Then I saw my sister-in-law doing the same thing. Great minds think alike.

klotylda said...

Great tips, I will definitely try it next Saturday when cleaning. Anyway, I've been browsing through bathroom designs catalogues lately and I can't wait for my improvement coming soon!