Friday, April 7, 2017

Of Windows and Wattle

Bad news first? Okay. We have a broken window on our back porch. Beyond "repair." This will be a "rebuild." Thankfully it's not a big window.
 I like these windows all around our back porch. They make the area light. Two of them lift out for ventilation. Below is the other one that is still intact. Above is the spot where the broken window simply fell out!
 One pane was cracked last year. Then in the wind yesterday the good pane fell out when the bottom board of the window (which was rotten) fell away into the flower bed below.
 The pane didn't break!
 Adam trimmed all the fruit trees in the yard of their water sprouts, which are straight and pliable. I have always, always adored the look of a wattle fence, so I made a low one around my hosta bed in the shade garden.
 I just adore it! It's quirky and has some bad spots, but I don't care. It's the general, natural look that I'm after.
Have you ever made a little wattle fence? That's one thing I can now check off my "bucket list." I don't actually have a bucket list, but if I did, that would've been on it :)

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

Wattle fences are cool, but no, I haven't built one. They look very time consuming.