Wednesday, October 11, 2017

First, Some Business --

I've been meaning to talk with you gals about comments. Recently, many of your comments (which come to me via email) were dumped into my spam folder, and I failed to check. So I did not reply, and I'm sorry. Granny Marigold, yours went there, and then after I found them, I discovered you are a "no-reply commenter," and I can't reply to your comments! I do like to (try to) reply to most comments, if I can. I don't know how one changes the "no-reply" status. If anybody does know, leave a comment ... and we will hope I see it, haha!
And Una, dear English friend, I'm not getting your comments in any email spot at all :( For some of you, I just randomly discover you left a comment when I look back on a blog post! Why does blogger (or gmail?) do such a bad job with all this?
Another piece of blogging business: Picmonkey. For us who use that site to make our blog banners, we've discovered they now require a membership (or a 'free trial' that expires) to use their site. Quite sad. After looking around, I did find Ribbet, another free photo editing site. In addition to blog banners, I use these sites to make my soap packaging labels, so I need them for my business. I found Ribbet easy to use. If you're looking for a new site to replace Picmonkey, give it a try. Or if you've found one you like too, please leave a comment about it! Thanks -- we all need to help each other in this murky world of ye olde blogge.

On to fun things!
 Oriental had their 4th Annual "Ol' Front Porch Music Festival" on Saturday, and my friend Nadine and I shared a vendor booth to sell our wares.
 I sold my soaps, lotions/balms, and yarn goods.

 She sold her stoneware pottery she's been making for decads.
 The festival drew a large crowd this year - this is hours before the main event, which was a couple hours' music from Tony Award-winning band, "The Red Clay Ramblers." They were fabulous.
 Here's a little youtube video of that band, just to give you a sense of their style: 

Adam and Darryl (Nadine's husband) visited and laughed a good bit.
Last, but certainly not least, for those of you who haven't seen her on facebook, please meet our newest family member, Trixie:

 She's a Pom-Chi, a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. 
She's extremely bright and smart, quick to learn, happy and very confident. She'll be a good friend for Beau. We bought her on Craigslist (which can at times be a nervous thing), but this time, Craigslist certainly delivered! Adam is thrilled with his new pack member.

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi MK, perhaps you don't recall my blog post titled "Can We Talk?" where I addressed the issue of no-reply comments. This is the link where your commenters can go to change their comment status if they want - http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/ I was trying to be able to communicate directly with some commenters but no one seemed to want to change their comment status. I hope you get yours straightened out. It's so much nicer when you can go and chat directly when replying to a commenter. Glad you had a good time at the festival. Your new family member is adorable!
Hugs,
Carol

Granny Marigold said...

I had no idea that I was a "no-reply commenter" or that for some reason my comments would go to your Spam folder. I have no idea how to fix the problem either.
Trixie has the cutest little face! No doubt she'll be a great addition to your family.

Kezzie said...

Oooh, thanks for the Ribbett tip! I was VERY sad to discover that PicMonkey is now only available to pay for when I last tried to use it! Ooh, your stall goods look super!!! I love them. Your new pup is soooooooooooooo cute!!

melissa said...

You guys. Always something new going on! And your creative fingers are never still. I'm amazed all the time.

Pom Pom said...

You and dogs! You guys are like our Kelli, always up for a puppy! Trixie is darling. I love her.
Wow, MK! You made so much for your booth!