Friday, August 3, 2018

Sweet Finds

A few thrift store finds lately, with some other pretty items tossed in:
 Lovely elephant wall hooks! This is for Anna, who loves elephants. ($2.00)

Isn't this a nice tablecloth? ($1.50) It matches the rug, and brightens the room.
Adam brought me flowers on a very down day this week.
Couldn't resist this photo of cold grapes.
Okay ... so a picture of Trixie drifted in there too, haha!
Back to fun finds! This delightful old glass container cost me a quarter. I put my fingers there so you can tell how small it is.
In order to keep the nutmeg jar, I had to get rid of something else from the shelf above my stove. I chose this, which belongs to Philip anyway.
It's a silverplate sippy cup, given to him as a newborn. It held our toothpicks.

Size 11 wooden circular knitting needles. ($ .50) I gave away 4 other needle sets in its place.
Finally, a new throw for the back of the couch. It's not huge, and is lovely wool. I got rid of an old blanket much-worn and picked. This plaid cost me $1.50.
Here's its tag.
I often tell myself I don't need anything else from the thrift store. I console myself that I get rid of one item for every item I bring home, heehee. Do I need these new items? No. Do they improve our lives? Yes, I do think so!

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello M.K., I so love seeing all your treasures. Anna is going to love that elephant hook. So nice when you can find something special like that and the right person for it comes immediately to mind. I hope you and Adam are well. I've been negligent in blogging as of lately. So much going on with grandsons here and Mike retired now. Things have to be prioritized a bit more.
Hugs,
Carol

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely flowers from a loving and considerate husband.

And lovely treasures from the thrift store. I try also to get rid of one thing for each one I bring home.
Just finished reading chapter 4. I liked having the picture of the actual clerk's house and tried ( unsuccessfully) to enlarge it. Oh well. I still could see it pretty well.

Una said...

Great finds, especially the elephant hooks. You have reminded me that I am due a visit to Orpington which is about 4 miles from me and has about 15 charity shops on one high street. That's tomorrow taken care of!