Monday, January 21, 2019

Changing My Comment Method -

Hi, reader friends. One of you brought to my attention that commenting was difficult here on my blog because I had my comments embedded in the post, instead of giving you a pop-up window to comment in. So I've changed that, and I hope it helps. Thanks for keeping me up to date, because I am really not techy that way. I need all the help I can get!

Also, I tend to reply to comments via email, not by a reply comment here on the blog. That way you don't have to come check here for a reply. I hope that works alright for everyone.

Thanks!

MK

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi M.K., I hope your new commenting procedure works for you. Just be aware you can only reply to comments via email that give you their email. Others will come through under NO REPLY @ BLOGGER and you have to reply on your post if you want to reply to that person. It's something I tried to fix a couple of years ago and it went nowhere.

Retired Knitter said...

Hi, MK. Thank you for changing your commenting method. I can finally say hello right on your blog. I am one of the folks that has had problems commenting in Embedded Comments. On my blog some readers reported a similar problem too. Once changed to Pop Up Coments, the problem went away. It is unfortunate that Blogger has not addressed fixing this despite many requests to do so. It was not always a problem.

As far as responding to a comment on your blog, I have used this method. After a few comments show up on my blog, I go out to my blog and comment directly on my own blog responding to other comments in a group response. It is not as smooth or ideal or as individual as Embedded Comment Replying, but at least my readers are not blocked from commenting entirely - which is what happens with some. I think it is easier than replying by individual email.