Thursday, July 4, 2019

What's Happening in Mississippi

All's quiet on the baby front. We are waiting.

Meanwhile, here are a few shots from my first week in Mississippi. Anna and I got our toes done.
 I've walked around a little downtown.
 Clarksdale sports some cool shops!

Old store fronts abound. Some are closed.
 They do great murals though! 


It looks like I might be here a while!

My dear friend and cousin, Tammy, popped over for a few days' visit to keep me company.


We've done some pretty amazing cooking. I'm very out of practice, but Tammy and Gramm helped.



 This Best Chairs recliner is Anna's baby nursery chair. It goes all the way back and makes a narrow twin bed, and it's so comfortable!
We do hope to have a baby arrival some time next week. I'll let you know!

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Enjoy the wait. All of that food looks DELICIOUS!

Happy 4th ~ FlowerLady

M.K. said...

Thank you, FL!!!

Lisa Richards said...

Conserve your strength and eat lots of good stuff! :)

Granny Marigold said...

What an exciting time for all involved. Rest up and enjoy your time with your daughter!!

Carol Blackburn said...

How wonderful! Enjoy this special time.

Kezzie said...

She looks like she's ready to give birth- it must be difficult in the heat being pregnant! How nice you are there with her!

GretchenJoanna said...

My pregnant daughter and I also got our "toes done," on her due date, almost two weeks ago I think it was... and also I've been doing a lot of cooking in this house with a new baby, an it's not been as challenging as I expected, because several of us cook. If I had to come up with three meals a day, now that would be much harder. I hope you get to spend a good while after the birth, too!!