Thursday, April 23, 2020

Happy Birthday, Hubby!

Even though he's sick with Mono, Adam still needed a cake for his birthday. This is my mother's recipe, "Abby's Fabulous Chocolate Cake." Only I didn't make that cake. I bought a box mix. But the delicious sea-foam icing I did make myself!


I made the cake last night to let it cool.
 Sea-foam icing is so fun. It's shimmery and a little sticky.
Then, on top of the icing I wanted to drizzle some chocolate syrup ... Nope! I did not do this!
 I melted a square of semi-sweet chocolate and a tablespoon of butter and drizzled it on top.
Happy birthday, sweetheart!

 I painted Adam a sweet card. "I love you more ..."
 "... Than Bunny Poop!" I wrote that because our dogs love love love to eat bunny poop in the yard. Ick.

Not the best birthday of his life, being sick, but we are praying him better every day.

6 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Happy Birthday Adam. Gosh that cake looks good. Yesterday was my son-in-law Todd's birthday. I sent him a text. After all this virus mess is over, we are all going out for a big dinner and celebrate all the birthdays we've missed, if the Lord is willing. I back a big chocolate cake last Monday. Dan has eaten one piece. One piece!! I have almost finished the cake. It's delicious!

Henny Penny said...

Oops! I meant to say, hope Adam feels better soon. So sorry he is sick. I love the card you painted. It's cuter than any in the stores.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear Adam and may you soon be well, in Jesus' name.

Love your cake and the card is absolutely adorable MK.

Have a great Friday ~ FlowerLady

Granny Marigold said...

I was really taken aback by the 'love you more than bunny poop'. I'm so glad you explained LOL.
The card is priceless. The cake makes my mouth water. Chocolate cake is one of my favourites.
I sure hope Adam starts to feel better soon!!

Lisa Richards said...

Happy birthday to Adam and hope he's feeling better soon!
The cake looks DEE-lishus!
The card is delightful, too!

Kezzie said...

That looks aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing!