Saturday, April 18, 2020

One Day at a Time

One day at a time ... and all the days feel the same, don't they? I'm trying not to push myself at all. Some days are busy; some days are pure nap! Today, after a long time of not touching a paint brush, I decided to paint again. I watched this lady's youtube video and felt inspired. I painted three 6" x 9" floral pieces.

Here's #1:
 I decided more pen lines would help it:
 Here is #2. No pen on this one.
 I was tempted to lay some pen on that, but didn't. I did add more/longer pale petals because it needed ... something.
 More pen again on #3:
Making face masks also got me sewing again.
Yesterday I used some fabric I'd forgotten about, to make a long apron:


I wanted to make it look like the bunny was peeking his head up out of the pocket :)
All the fabric I have is thin, and I'm about out of elastic, so I think I'm done making masks.

Did I mention that Adam has Mono? Pretty bad case too. Four types of antibiotics didn't do much to relieve his horrible sore throat or infected eyes. Poor fella. It will be a long recovery. But he tries to be up and about during the day, between naps. Here are a couple of things he cooked for us lately.
Chicken tenders, potatoes, green beans and our asparagus, in a wonderful gravy
Meatloaf, broiled tomato with Parmesan, asparagus patties

Cherry pie -- that didn't last long
I've also been cooking dinner and grocery shopping. Our eating is suffering a bit, I will say!

A good friend brought me some flowers to cheer me up! Aren't they lovely?

Now it's pouring down rain, which I don't mind because the garden needs a regular watering. I pulled both vehicles out into the yard to get washed during the downpour from the Lord too, because they were filthy with pollen. In fact, the pollen is so bad now, and the pecan trees are all leafing out and flowering out on the farm, I wonder if that's what's wrong with Adam's eyes -- allergies.

Oh dear - I don't mean to be a downer! We are doing just fine! All of this will pass, and we will remember the spring of 2020 as one of those "interesting" times of life, won't we? The key is to stay calm, be wise, don't fear, don't believe everything you hear, and extend patience and grace to those around you. Love to all of you out there in the big, wide world!

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Poor Adam! He's still cooking great food, though!
Yes, some days are nappy and some are not.
Now I'm hungry.

Granny Marigold said...

The flowers you were given are so cheerful. I bought myself flowers today, Lilies. The only colour they had was orange but that's okay. They will be lovely when they all open.
I hope Adam begins to feel better soon. I didn't think antibiotics had any effect on Mono. Maybe the Mono is aggravated by allergies.
Obviously Adam still can cook... the meals look like something one get served in a restaurant and that pie with the lattice top must have been a treat!!

Retired Knitter said...

As always you paintings are just lovely.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi! I love your paintings! They are so springy and cheery! I also like your apron — masks have taken me back to the sewing machine as well — may make some more today. I have decided I like the ones with ties better than elastic which is a good thing since I ran out of elastic a while back. Making masks is a stash buster, isn’t it? Hopefully things will improve soon — I think we will be changed though — maybe for the better. Have a wonderful Monday!

Lisa Richards said...

Everything is so pretty! The paintings (wow!), the apron (darling!), and the food! (Well, not pretty, but looks delish!) Glad you're finding lots to do. Yes, it does sound like part of Adam's problems might be pollen. Poor guy! As you said, this too shall pass! Keep your chin up! :)

Una said...

Yes, it could be hay fever causing your husband's sore eyes. Apparently some people are panicking and thinking it is the dreaded Covid-19. We have had news articles telling us how to spot the difference. Luckily I still don't know anyone with this virus. It all seems unreal until I watch the dreadful news reports. As you say, we'll get through it.

Kezzie said...

Sorry to hear about Adam. I hope he is better soon. I've not heard of Mono. His food looks yummy!
Your paintings really are beautiful!!!