Saturday, November 7, 2020

Hi, Y'all!

 Yes, I'm still here! Sorry to be absent so long. Our daughter and grandson were here for two glorious, fun weeks, and I put off quite a few things without a pang.😀 As usual, I'll share some photos and a few comments, and end with some videos of late.

To begin, it's ALL about Isaac!








He is such a doll! 
And he's a very content, playful child.




Just this past week, yet another fabulous event occurred! Our second grandson John was born! Philip and Kara are his loving parents. More photos of him soon -- these early ones are "hospital" ones.

He looks quite serious and wise in this photo, and so very handsome! They are all doing fine, and we hope to drive to meet him soon -- the pandemic, however, makes all things more difficult than usual.

I've been making lot of lotions and soaps and bars, and painting a bit, and spinning again too. This is the busy time of year for such things, along with so many exciting joys happening in our family. I'm loving the coolish weather too, and am at last "into" my moderate exercise routine of walking 30 minutes about 5 times each week. My doctor will approve. I'm ticking off all those medical check-ups that we're supposed to do regularly, so I'm feeling downright healthy these days.

God bless you all during these trying days and give you peace of soul. I remind myself that I'm a daughter of the King of all kings, and that my home is being prepared for me in his kingdom. All things on this planet, important as they are, are temporal and fleeting. I'm careful what I give my heart to.

Videos of late!
We walk through the utterly neglect garden:

I show you how to make my concoction known as Healing Herb Ointment:
Care for watercolor painting? Join me:
Pizza on the grill, plus crocheting a delightful child's purse that changes into a tiny bassinet:
If you're wondering how to Subscribe to my channel (and thus help my status with Youtube tremendously!!), just look for the big red "Subscribe" button below any of those videos. Click on it. It will not give you any trouble on Youtube, but it will help me .😁  Thank you, dear friends!


7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure you are both thrilled with the new grandson, as well as that adorable first one. Little John does indeed look very serious and wise in that photo.
Great that your very old spinning wheel could be fixed and now works again.

Henny Penny said...

Gosh, it has been 18 hours since you posted this. Let me tell you, I was thinking about you and wondering why I had not seen a post so I came looking for your blog. That was yesterday morning. While I was looking, this post popped up. Isn't that funny. I didn't comment because I don't like being the first to comment...another weird hang-up of mine. :)

Oh, you must have enjoyed having your daughter and grandson home for a visit. He is absolutely adorable! Those big beautiful eyes...He looks like a beautiful little pixie. So cute! and now you have another grandson. Congratulations! He is so precious.

Enjoyed you video of the garden. You are good at that. I need to go back and watch the other two.

Pom Pom said...

Oh my! The grands are so cute! Hooray!

Lisa Richards said...

Isaac looks so much like his daddy! Glad you had a great time with him and his family. Congratulations on the new little guy, John! Looks like you're very busy with good things. I just got back from a walk and am glad you're doing the same. God bless and keep up the good hobbies/exercising/etc.! Yes, heaven will be wonderful!

gretchenjoanna said...

Congratulations to the whole family! So happy that Isaac has a new cousin :-) John indeed is handsome for a newborn.

Glory to God!

Retired Knitter said...

What a beautiful child!!

Kezzie said...

Isaac is a cutie! Congratulations on the new grand!