Sunday, September 22, 2024

Leo, the Bookends








 This post is bookended by photos of Leo, our male tabby cat. He's such a sweet boy! Can you tell?

I've been working with that brown wool and finally got it washed, spun, plied, and balled up prepared to knit. Finally!

The fabric is from the thrift store, but such a pretty, delicate, and soft flannel. I plan to sew a sweet baby doll quilted blanket with it, for my granddaughter for her upcoming birthday. We're buying her a baby doll bed, and the blankie should be just right.

Last week I made a new batch of shampoo bars because I was totally out. They'll need to cure for a few weeks with a fan blowing on them. They make my studio smell quite nice.

Gretchen Joanna mentioned to me that she'd like to know what writers I enjoy. Josephine Tey is certainly one. This was an excellent story. If you've not tried Tey, think about reading one of her mysteries. My favorite of hers is called Miss Pym Disposes.

The flowers up there are called Chinese Chives. We saw it blooming across the street from the farmers market and assumed it was Queen Anne's Lace. But one vendor looked it up on her phone, and discovered it was Chinese Chives, which we'd not heard of before.

We're enjoying cooler weather and especially in the morning, there's a cool breeze in the air. It's officially autumn!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

There's no doubt about it...Leo is a real sweetie.
That flannelette will be perfect for a doll blanket. I can't sew but I remember making bedding for doll beds so long ago. ( Can it really be 55 years ago?)
I've requested the book Miss Pym Disposes from our library. Thanks for mentioning it.