Tuesday, September 17, 2024

September









 Hello, friends! At last our weather seems to have broken. We had storms and high winds, and now the sun is out again ... and our highs are in the upper 70s, which is lovely. I'm lighting candles, setting out autumn decor, and generally snuggling into my favorite time of year.

I'm also messing about with lots of fiber -- cleaning, carding and spinning brown wool for (hopefully) finishing a knitted sweater before winter. I wanted to finish it last year, but it's such a long process! I'm knitting socks too -- that pair is the 4th pair of socks I've ever knitted, and the 2nd pair of decent, long-wearing socks made from the correct kind of sock yarn (75% wool, 25% nylon). It's taken me years to get to this simple stage of sock-knitting.

I found a Wool Winder at the thrift store, a little hand-cranked device that turns your yarn from a tangle-prone skein into a lovely center-pull cake. Quite handy.

Adam brought me flowers yesterday, just because he loves me. It is possible to be very much in love, very romantic, very happy together, at 35 years. It takes years of hard work too! But the rewards are quite fine.

I'm back at the farmers market for the fall with my soaps, balms, and watercolor cards. Seeing fellow vendors and faithful customers on Saturday morning was very fun.

Enjoy your September!

No comments: