Monday, August 4, 2008

Fly, fly away

The summer is leaving us. Vacation Bible School this week, teacher in-service next week, and then it's back to the torturous grind. Y'know, school.

The other things that flew away today were my two lounge floats from the pool. Philip put them into the bed of the truck last night, so that our visiting middle schoolers from church would not destroy them while they wallowed in the pool.

Then Adam drove away in the truck today to begin cross-country practice at the school. No runners showed up, and he had only Julia and Peter there. When he returned home, I asked for my floats, but alas, they were no more. I imagine them flying away out of the back of truck, into a neighbor's yard, as Adam barreled along in the neighborhood. Some poor housewife came onto her front porch, and found 2 large floats, lounging atop her azaleas.

He drove back to find them, but they had gone. So sad. Lounging is all my fun in the pool.

So, he's making his famous gingerbread to compensate me. His recipe has corn starch and rye flour in it. Go figure!

1 comment:

Marie Reed said...

I love your new du jour! I ran cross county in highschool!