Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I confused my readers...

...when I was talking about the story I read the other night. When Julia asked, "Mom, could you read a chapter from your story?" she really meant MY story. So, Tammy, you can't go find it somewhere, and Annie, I haven't thought of a name for it yet. It's the children's book that I wrote a few years ago, but haven't edited completely yet, and haven't thought of a name for yet.

It's a pretty fun story, really a book, because it's 29 chapters, I think. I also started a sequel to it, and am about 1/3 the way through it. But then I started teaching again, and I just haven't had time to finish it.

When I'm not working anymore, I imagine writing a series of books about these 3 children and their adventures. These are children's stories with a real spiritual twist to them, but not preachy.

I think it's amazing how sitting in front of teenagers all day long in an air-conditioned room, and talking about something I love and enjoy -- is SO EXHAUSTING. Why is that?

2 comments:

justannie said...

girlfriend! get those puppies published so you can sit by the pool forevah! (that's yankee talk for forever.)

Tammy said...

I guess I'll have to wait! :)

I know what you mean - I sat today for 12 hours AND you know me - I enjoy driving but I'm exhausted too!
:)