Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This week...

...has not been a good one. Teaching this week has been a grueling experience. It's the last week of the grading period, and my students just don't handle it well when things are required of them like research papers and major tests. On time, like with a due date, you know? I'm wondering how some of these kids will do in college.

So, tomorrow I'm going to the local Renaissance Festival. Apparently this is a big, fun deal. They have camels and elephants you can ride. And glass-blowing. And wenches is authentic dress. And jousting - I want to see that. I'm doing this field trip for our 27 seniors, who can't remember the last time somebody took them on a field trip. They are SO excited.

If I remember to take the camera, you may see a few pictures.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

When do you head for Europe? I can't remember if it's France or England...

Ellen said...

That sounds so cool! I would be excited to go, too!