Thursday, December 27, 2018

Art with the Girls

Julia has been asking, "Let's paint together." So we did. We even got Kara to paint!
 I've been wanting to paint one of the Williamsburg wreaths I photographed last week. I chose this one:
This is what I painted:
 I can't help thinking my painting is not finished. It's missing something - perhaps just more fullness, more depth of color in the wreath. I'll work on it later. I like the distressed corners though.
Here is Julia's painting from today:
We used the same cookie tin top to start with a nice big circle. She opted for a space ship. She sketched it first and asked me what I thought the ship ought to be yanking out of the earth. I said a statue of Athena. She chose Medusa :)
I can't show you a photo of Kara's painting yet because she's not finished. Maybe later ....
It's later!
Kara at first claimed not to be able to paint at all. Julia and I begged to differ. Nice job!

Anna and Gramm left this morning to go back home, or we would've dragged her into our artistic pursuits too! We all drove to the Unclaimed Baggage store in Alabama first, before sending them on their way. Philip and I picked out a laptop there for me, which I'm using now. The other one was truly dying, and Philip will scrounge as much value as he can from it. Unclaimed Baggage can be a good place to find a great computer - I got a laptop that costs $1600 new, worth $350 used, for $230. It has lots more storage space.

We are all fooded out. Tonight we will snack on leftovers (which we've been doing for about 24 hours how), and maybe make some popcorn. We still have a cheesecake, a pumpkin pie, baklava, and chocolate cake. Ugh. Fooded out :)

4 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Great idea to have a painting day! I like all of them! Well done, ladies. All the food sounds wonderful, but I know what you mean about fooded out! We're going to have some green leafys tonight with our meal. That always seems to help the fooded out feeling for me.

Henny Penny said...

I can't believe how talented you all are..all of you!! and is there anything you can not do? :) Oh goodness, we are "fooded out" too. There is always so much left over! We ate leftovers the next day, but last night I made chili for supper...something totally different! I just read your last post. So sorry you got sick, but glad you all had a good Christmas.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a great 'art day' for you girls. You all did a good job. I say that Kara did a fine job at painting, for one who said she can't paint. :-)

'Fooded out' what a great description.

Have a great Friday and weekend ~ FlowerLady

Granny Marigold said...

Great deal on the laptop.
I'm fooded out too. One more evening of guests tonight then whatever sweets are left will be passed on to my children. As usual I made too many cookies. I don't seem to remember from year to year.
I like the latest wreath. Will you frame and hang it with the squirrel one you made?