Wednesday, December 26, 2018

December Twenty-Sixth

I'm typing this from my own laptop! Yippee! Philip diagnosed it as a bad power cord, and the cord was new, so we should be able to send it back in and get a replacement. What a relief! I was mightily tired of doing all my online stuff on my phone. I am not a phone person.
 Philip, Kara, and Julia had a lovely Christmas tree ready when we arrived Sunday night. 
Beau is having fun with Charlie and Matty, his ... cousins? Nephews?

 Adam gave me COAL in my stocking. Really!
 Not really ... he also gave me White Linen perfume, chocolate, and these four books by Elizabeth Goudge:
 He asked for this book, recently published in our denomination.
 On Monday we girls went shopping and had fun.
On Tuesday I was sick. On Christmas Day - a tummy bug which kept me lying down and not eating One Single Bite :(
Adam brought one of the Christmas crackers into the bedroom for me to open with him. I won and wore the crown. I gave him the chocolate, the joke, and the race car.

Julia became sick last night. She's off with friends to Rock City tonight to see the wonderful Christmas lights there. The rest of us went to Mackay's used books/CDs/movies store. I found a sweet children's book.
 Arnold Lobel is the artist (quite prolific) who illustrated my favorite children's book, Miss Suzy, by Miriam Young. His illustrations are very similar here.
 Mackay's reassured me of people's love of books and reading. I plan to take all my old homeschooling books to the Mackay's store in Winston next time we drive by there. Someone else will use and enjoy them, and I won't have them stacked on the floor in my guest room.
Happy SECOND DAY OF CHRISTMAS!!

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you had a tummy bug on Christmas day.
I am so tempted to go looking for more used books but I have decided to read the books I have here that I have not read before buying more. ( Will I stick to this??)
We had our biggest gathering today. Oldest grandson brought his lovely American girlfriend and she told us that the second day of Christmas/ Boxing Day doesn't exist in the U.S. I didn't know that.
Now I am tired out and have one day to recuperate then have dh's family over on Friday. After that I will take as long as I need to rest up. I like to keep the decorations and trees up at least until after Epiphany. Take care my friend.

GretchenJoanna said...

Bless you, Mary Kathryn! I hope you are feeling better now!! I'm glad you made it to the family gathering before you got sick, so you could enjoy being together for better or worse. Thanks to God, many blessings.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sorry to read you were sick on Christmas and I pray that you are feeling much better two days later.

Have a wonderful 2019 ~ FlowerLady

Deborah Montgomery said...

Merry Christmas M.K. So sorry you were sick for the day. Hopefully a cup of tea and some Elizabeth Goudge will see you better in no time! I've been to Mackay's several times as my son and DIL lived in Winston for 6 years (recently moved to Asheville). I never moved out of the one section of fiction (classics) before everyone else was ready to go! I could spend hours in a bookstore like that!
Best wishes to you and your family for a peaceful and joyful 2019. Love, Deborah

clipping path service said...

I am absolutely loving your gorgeous blog! Thanks