Monday, December 17, 2018

December Seventeenth

I'm starting a new Christmas activity this year:  Christmas crackers. These aren't crackers you eat. They're funny paper packages that two people pull apart to see who gets the prizes inside. And there's something in the cracker - a cracker snap - that makes it pop when the 2 people pull it apart.
If I weren't blogging from my phone I'd share a YouTube video of the excitement,  but you'll have to go see for yourself. 

I made the crackers, six so far. They're a pain in the boohonkus, as Adam would say!



Inside I've put a chocolate ,

A toy,

A silly joke,

And a paper crown.

We'll wear the paper crowns during Christmas dinner. At least that's what the Brits do in their Christmas movies. Maybe a British reader can verify whether I'm being authentic in my cracker making?

We will wear our crowns, read our jokes aloud, guffaw, play with our toys at the table (Adam says he's throwing a sticky frog at Philip), eat out chocolates first, and be otherwise as poorly behaved as ever. Silliness abounds at our Christmas table. May the Christmas crackers contribute to it!

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Fun! What a cute tradition (because now you know you will have to do it every year! LOL!)

Gumbo Lily said...

Sounds like a fun tradition to me.

Granny Marigold said...

You'll have to let us know how the Christmas crackers go over. I've seen the ready-made ones in the store but haven't been tempted to buy any ( yet).

happyone said...

Oh Christmas crackers are so much fun.

Lisa Richards said...

I've seen those crackers in one of my narrowboat videos. I really like that paper with the feathers and arrows on it! I hope they're a big success and you have lots of guffaws! :)

Farm Girl said...

They are cute though. I like the hat. Its a very nice tradition.